Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: multiplayer tournament 2020

niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 20:03

WorldSavior wrote:

Is that already in the newest Amazon build of hessenfarmer? I tried that one out and it's dissatisfying, because the training algorithm bugs are still in there:

• kicking out a half trained soldier results in that soldier going into the Labyrinth/Dungeon again immediately
  • increasing capacity of those buildings still does nothing, it takes a while until the soldiers are moving and so on

Yeah, admittedly it still has some quirks. I think all the other improvements outweigh them but it seems you really care about this one aspect. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Furthermore:

• Only English available, no other languages
  • Version number not working (Revdetect broken, not fixable with the usual fix)

These shouldn't happen if it was built correctly...

Edited: 2020-06-11, 20:11

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 22:39

I'd suggest to replace the following part of the rules

Playing which tribe? Choice is free. If both players want to see what the other picks first, blue player has to pick first

by something like

Which team is allowed to host the game? If there is no agreement, the team which is in the announced pairing on the right side hosts.

Playing which tribe? Which teammate takes which position? Choice is free.
If both teams want to see what the other picks first, there is the following order:

1. The team with the right to host decides its positions first.
2. The other team has to do the tribe choices then first.

(given that left or right is determined by a fifty-fifty random chance)

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Is that already in the newest Amazon build of hessenfarmer? I tried that one out and it's dissatisfying, because the training algorithm bugs are still in there:

• kicking out a half trained soldier results in that soldier going into the Labyrinth/Dungeon again immediately
  • increasing capacity of those buildings still does nothing, it takes a while until the soldiers are moving and so on

Yeah, admittedly it still has some quirks. I think all the other improvements outweigh them but it seems you really care about this one aspect. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think that the bugs outweigh the advantages. However, it could be possible that several versions are allowed, we'd just need to know which version is preferred if there is no agreement...

Furthermore:

• Only English available, no other languages
  • Version number not working (Revdetect broken, not fixable with the usual fix)

These shouldn't happen if it was built correctly...

That's weird. I'll check it again

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-12, 03:51

ok, i hearby declare the maps:

1 wisent valley, blue green vs red yellow

2 ice wars, blue red vs grey orange (condition is autocrat but conquering the main continent will count as a win even if there is an unkillable colony on an island)

3 full moon v2, blue red vs green yellow

4 desert tournament, blue red vs green yellow

5 four castles, blue red vs green yellow

it seems a new version has come out since i last checked that should be made official? i haven't followed development

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-12, 14:37

king_of_nowhere wrote:

it seems a new version has come out since i last checked that should be made official? i haven't followed development

basically master branch is in winterfreeze soon. (that means al features for b21 have been already incorporated.) All of the changes in the master branch have gone into the amazon dev branch as well as some graphics from Nordfriese went in there. So that was why I recommended to use the latest dev branch of amazons as it is more the less b21 with amazons and it has more amazon graphics in then 6762

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-12, 20:39

well, i think we should test the winterfreeze version. traditionally tournaments are held with such version to also root out bugs.

so, i support using the latest amazon branch. can you provide a link?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-13, 01:47

Thanks for including some of my suggestions.

king_of_nowhere wrote:

well, i think we should test the winterfreeze version. traditionally tournaments are held with such version to also root out bugs.

But what if the bugs are already rooted out and highly capable to disturb the tournament significantly, which could be easily avoided by taking the older version?

As I said, a possibility would be to allow several versions, but only if the rule is that amazons6762 is the preferred version (if two teams cannot agree on a version)

Edited: 2020-06-13, 01:49

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-13, 02:04

Or maybe a version directly before the training bug would be the best. That should contain less bugs than any version before or after it.

Edited: 2020-06-13, 02:05

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-13, 13:36

Looks like the normal full moon has an Issue: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/3942

king: did you llink to the "offiacl maps" as yyou specified Full Monn v2. will try to locate this one, now

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-13, 13:42

Hasi50 wrote:

Looks like the normal full moon has an Issue: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/3942

This bug doesn't exist on amazons6762

king: did you llink to the "offiacl maps" as yyou specified Full Monn v2. will try to locate this one, now

Good question. Full moon is also an official map, why not taking that one? Is there a difference at all between the official and the uploaded one?

Edited: 2020-06-13, 13:43

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-13, 13:55

That bug is a known issue with the suggested teams box that surfaces only in debug builds, not in release builds. Likely that amz6762 already has it as well. Generally I would recommend to play tournaments with release builds only because players can use debug builds to get some unfair advantages face-wink.png

Top Quote