Topic: multiplayer tournament 2020

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-08, 14:37

ektor wrote:

I see that you played in 4 pieces.

We really need the feature that one can concatenate replays!

At first I noticed that the-x takes up very little territory, and then goes straight to the opponent. And have a better productivity.

No need mines apparently with Atlateans... Also, no one built a weave smith in the early minutes, only the weaving shop and the weapon factory.

You mean the gold weaver? That's a building which you need rather late.

Thank you for this match and your comments.

You're welcome

And which team win ? I'm not sure ! face-grin.png

Why not?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-08, 15:36

ektor wrote:

No need mines apparently with Atlateans... Also, no one built a weave smith in the early minutes, only the weaving shop and the weapon factory.

yep, i had proposed to nerf atlanteans because they seem the most powerful tribe...

i mean, of the 5 people who could be arguably considered the strongest atm (worldsavior, me, the-x, niektory, mars), all 5 have atlanteans as their main tribe. atlanteans had the best time in the last economy tournament (target: train a supersoldier asap), and atlanteans also had the best score in the previous economy tournament (target: train as many supersoldiers in 24 hours). i don't know what more proof would be needed

anyway, since the last two teams apparently have disappeared, i declare the tournament terminated

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-09-09, 13:14

WorldSavior wrote:

ektor wrote:

I see that you played in 4 pieces.

We really need the feature that one can concatenate replays!

Yep !

At first I noticed that the-x takes up very little territory, and then goes straight to the opponent. And have a better productivity.

No need mines apparently with Atlanteans... Also, no one built a weave smith in the early minutes, only the weaving shop and the weapon factory.

I mean that with Barbarians, we need to do tools before doing weapons and to create a full soldier we need at least a mine of each ores. It seam that's it's not the case with atlantes.

Why not?

Well, which team declare forfait ? The replay don't tell us this...

OK, I see it's you (the-world) in the results page 1. So, you're the men to beat down face-grin.png

Edited: 2020-09-09, 13:19

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-09, 16:26

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I think the opposite would have been the case: the-x' half-heroes would have been devastating against your labyrinth-soldiers

how effective are those soldiers really? two labyrinth soldiers in a row have a good chance of killing those half-heroes, and they are expensive. it is one of the reasons i try to avoid half promoted soldiers, they are still easily lost, but already expensive.

it would probably be worth checking.

I tried it out some times - the result was that hald heroes seem very strong in the early game to me. Like also on crater or the first two rounds they are produced very quickly - 5 of them before the first full hero of ws is completed. And they are quite effective, very strong against the labyrinth trained soldiers, cause the 44% increase in attac combined with defense makes them very very hard to counter. On the other hand ws sometimes managed to stand against these 5 half trained soldiers with only one super hero cause he has incredible skills with managing this one man show. Only if he didnt expand to the front and only build near the hq or in the back of the hq he was able to win cause im still doing slightly mistakes in handling the hero and still dont know why (Tips are very welcomed).

If someone likes to play some games with me testing different strategies, please tell me.

In Tournament, Wisent i played a rather combined eco-rush since i was going for the mines quite fast.

if starting positions had been inverted, we would have probably done better, as i was more likely to survive the-x rush.

If you like we can do a re with inverted starting positions?

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-09, 16:27

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I think the opposite would have been the case: the-x' half-heroes would have been devastating against your labyrinth-soldiers

how effective are those soldiers really? two labyrinth soldiers in a row have a good chance of killing those half-heroes, and they are expensive. it is one of the reasons i try to avoid half promoted soldiers, they are still easily lost, but already expensive.

I tried it out some times - the result was that hald heroes seem very strong in the early game to me. Like also on crater or the first two rounds they are produced very quickly - 5 of them before the first full hero of ws is completed. And they are quite effective, very strong against the labyrinth trained soldiers, cause the 44% increase in attac combined with defense makes them very very hard to counter. On the other hand ws sometimes managed to stand against these 5 half trained soldiers with only one super hero cause he has incredible skills with managing this one man show. Only if he didnt expand to the front and only build near the hq or in the back of the hq he was able to win cause im still doing slightly mistakes in handling the hero and still dont know why (Tips are very welcomed).

If someone likes to play some games with me testing different strategies, please tell me.

In Tournament, Wisent i played a rather combined eco-rush since i was going for the mines quite fast.

-

king_of_nowhere wrote: if starting positions had been inverted, we would have probably done better, as i was more likely to survive the-x rush.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-12, 19:06

ektor wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

No need mines apparently with Atlanteans... Also, no one built a weave smith in the early minutes, only the weaving shop and the weapon factory.

I mean that with Barbarians, we need to do tools before doing weapons and to create a full soldier we need at least a mine of each ores. It seam that's it's not the case with atlantes.

True, Atlanteans can skip the iron mine - but they need it urgently for the second supersoldier. At the other hand, Atlantean mines have much higher build- and maintenance costs.

Why not?

Well, which team declare forfait ? The replay don't tell us this...

Are you sure that you watched the last part of the replay (4) completely? ; ) Why isn't it clear who surrendered?

the-x wrote: On the other hand ws sometimes managed to stand against these 5 half trained soldiers with only one super hero cause he has incredible skills with managing this one man show.

thanks ; )

-

king_of_nowhere wrote: if starting positions had been inverted, we would have probably done better, as i was more likely to survive the-x rush.

why not

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I think that they are pretty effective on short distances, especially against other tribes. And their winning chances against a supersoldier are not that close to 0.

If I would have known your strategy in advance, I would have played the half-hero-attack, similar to the-x.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-12, 21:26

For those interested, here is the World Championsship 2020 Analysis - the Cast of The Games will follow in the next days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqdh_4red4

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-12, 21:29

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I think that they are pretty effective on short distances, especially against other tribes. And their winning chances against a supersoldier are not that close to 0.

If I would have known your strategy in advance, I would have played the half-hero-attack, similar to the-x.

I noticed you playing exactly my Strategy I played face-wink.png maybe I should not tell everything about Strategie and show all my Ideas and Strategies in the Casts

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-13, 01:34

the-x wrote:

For those interested, here is the World Championsship 2020 Analysis - the Cast of The Games will follow in the next days

Sounds promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqdh_4red4

Good one

I noticed you playing exactly my Strategy I played face-wink.png maybe I should not tell everything about Strategie and show all my Ideas and Strategies in the Casts

The opposite is the case: You play my strategy face-wink.png

Afaik, the first time the half-hero strategy was used was in my tournament game against king_of_nowhere - in the 2016 tournament.

Later I taught you the strategy.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-09-13, 02:24

WorldSavior wrote:

Afaik, the first time the half-hero strategy was used was in my tournament game against king_of_nowhere - in the 2016 tournament.

Later I taught you the strategy.

i remember. it had a limited impact on the game because i started bad, set up wood production poorly. i would have lost regardless. I was still severely underestimating worldsavior at the time.

Top Quote