Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: New Immovables

Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-11-23, 06:07

Yes, some flowers would be nice.
We'd have to carefully choose flowers that tend to form natural patches (like Erica), becaue single flowers might not work,
unless we go for particularly big specimen (Strelitzia? Protea?)
...but, given the small scale of things on the map, I'm afraid they'll end up as no more than colored spots in the end.
Have a go at it, Siegfried if you like. 16 Mill colors, alpha channel transparency enabled PNGs.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 00:08

After quite some time I have revived my (re)creation of the the palm tree pics for the desert world.

This is the png file in the original quality:

And here the animation in an GIF image with of course reduced quality:

And a screenshot of course:

Growing versions (small and medium) inclusive variations will come later.

So how do you like the new pics? I load all files (blend, pngs, confs, etc.) up to OGA as soon as I am finnished and they have the right quality.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 12:15

Is it (just a litle) too big? :) The buildings of barbarians seems small.

And the image is great (for me face-wink.png )

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 12:19

Yeah the size has to be reduced of course. After I played for some time I realized that the ratio to the buildings and so on is a bit off. face-wink.png

But that is only a matter of rendering in the desired size or resizing it in GIMP.

Top Quote
fuchur

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 12:58

The quality is good, but it's very symmetric and looks (at least for me) a little bit like a propeller or airscrew (I'm not sure if that's the correct word). In my opinion it would look more natural if the branches were of different lengths or come out at different angles.

I'm sorry if you don't like my comment, I know it's easy to write and much more difficult to do it myself.

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 13:13

fuchur wrote:

The quality is good, but it's very symmetric and looks (at least for me) a little bit like a propeller or airscrew (I'm not sure if that's the correct word). In my opinion it would look more natural if the branches were of different lengths or come out at different angles.

I'm sorry if you don't like my comment, I know it's easy to write and much more difficult to do it myself.

The length of the leaves is already "random" but angle is not. Thanks for your suggestion. I will do that. face-smile.png

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-27, 20:55

An update:

EDIT: Another update. Screen shot on the right.

Edited: 2013-09-28, 00:40

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-28, 17:35

I am rather unsure if Players will be able even to identify Swinging of Pam----Leeaves but nevertheless I like the Idea to animate Palms and ask if you may let them swing perhpas some more. I don't know if actual Meanings are able to switch Palm's Animations between different Sequences that Palms swing in different/changing Sequences.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-29, 15:20

Adamant wrote:

I am rather unsure if Players will be able even to identify Swinging of Pam----Leeaves but nevertheless I like the Idea to animate Palms and ask if you may let them swing perhpas some more. I don't know if actual Meanings are able to switch Palm's Animations between different Sequences that Palms swing in different/changing Sequences.

I can change it to let the leaves swing a bit more but the sequence itself is defined in the corresponding conf file and is "static". I think the dynamic change of the sequence is unnecessary anyway. Who is looking at the trees that much?

Btw. who is the graphics elder at the time being? Maybe he/she could give some advice for the direction concerning the game art assets?

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-29, 16:36

I can not answer your Question satisfying but at least me note such Things very quickly -- may be I am more sensitive for these Things. I (CAN) try to ignore such Things but I note them else very quickly and then have to ignore that.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote