Best Build 21 Screenshot

Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Leagues of Widelands?

WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-28, 22:20

I could imagine to organize some leagues of Widelands and/or further tournaments.

Would something like this be interesting?

The league could look like very similar to the current tournament.

Some further possibilities:

• Every team plays not only once against each other, but twice

• Every team could chose a "home map" where it plays a considerable number of their matches (for example every second match / every "home match") Not only the maps could be chosen, but also win conditions and if the teams play in the shared kingdom mode or not.

• It doesn't have to be a team event, it can also be a 1vs1 event again. What would you prefer?

• The event doesn't have to occur once, it could have also "sequels"

• there could be not only a first league, but also a second league which could be reserved for rather unexperienced players only. At the end, the first of the second league changes into the first league and the last of the first league relegates into the second league.

• there could be a rule which prevents teams from playing too late, which avoids long breaks of the tournament

• late joining of teams could be possible, after the event has started.

• Edit: Primary version should be build21, but i could imagine to have an development amazons version as secondary version (can be played if both teams agree on it)

Suggestions?

Edit:

First maps of the map pool:

Map Home team Away team Win conditions shared kingdom allowed
Ice Wars Blue Red Black Ochre all yes
Wisent valley Blue Green Red yellow all except peaceful yes
Full Moon West East All Yes
The Nile Red Green Blue Yellow all yes
Cycles (8 Players) all periodical all periodical all yes
Swamp Monks east west all except artifacts yes
The great Escape red yellow or green black green black or red yellow all except peaceful yes
Four Castles blue + x red + y all except artifacts yes
Edited: Yesterday 20:01

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-07-28, 22:41

I like it, maybe we can also do it in economy (with peaceful mode). Like the idea of a second league where its sure that in the first league its hard challenging every match

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-28, 22:43

the-x wrote:

I like it, maybe we can also do it in economy (with peaceful mode). Like the idea of a second league where its sure that in the first league its hard challenging every match

Well, the home team could maybe chose peaceful mode and play modes like collectors then, that would be possible indeed

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-07-30, 07:55

WorldSavior wrote:

I could imagine to organize some leagues of Widelands and/or further tournaments.

Would something like this be interesting?

The league could look like very similar to the current tournament.

Some further possibilities:

• Every team plays not only once against each other, but twice

• Every team could chose a "home map" where it plays a considerable number of their matches (for example every second match / every "home match") Not only the maps could be chosen, but also win conditions and if the teams play in the shared kingdom mode or not.

• It doesn't have to be a team event, it can also be a 1vs1 event again. What would you prefer?

• The event doesn't have to occur once, it could have also "sequels"

• there could be not only a first league, but also a second league which could be reserved for rather unexperienced players only. At the end, the first of the second league changes into the first league and the last of the first league relegates into the second league.

• there could be a rule which prevents teams from playing too late, which avoids long breaks of the tournament

• late joining of teams could be possible, after the event has started.

Suggestions?

I love that idea.

The hardest part will be coordinating the time to play often, but that's not a real problem. Also, are there enough active and interested players?

Suggestion: Launch a poll somewhere or announce it on social networks... Personally, I can announce the event in french on Mastodon and Diaspora

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-01, 18:55

ektor wrote:

I love that idea.

The hardest part will be coordinating the time to play often, but that's not a real problem. Also, are there enough active and interested players?

Minimal number of teams per League would be 2, as it's possible to chose several "home maps" ; )

Personally, I can announce the event in french on Mastodon and Diaspora

+1 as soon as we have more details (like date and so on)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-03, 22:38

I think that it shall be a 2vs2 event - or are other formats desired?

The starting date could be soonish after the current tournament ends.

I've now collected already some maps for the map pool (see first post of this thread). You can also propose maps (chances that they are accepted for at least the second league are not bad) or say something against maps, if you consider them to be not fitting.

A problem could be to play over and over on the home map again. Would anyone bother about that?

Peaceful mode can also be possible, but not on all maps because small maps would be boring with it.

Top Quote