Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs between b21 and b22

Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 1052
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2020-09-30, 18:41

https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4307

If you put additional wares in an expedition. these are unloaded first. The construction material (and the builder) for the port is unloaded last. Therefore the port is delayed if there are many extra wares. (this was discovered by Hasi while testing atlanteans02 ) It may be good to change this as well.

+1 but perhaps a little trickier


Top Quote
JanO
Avatar
Joined: 2015-08-02, 11:56
Posts: 162
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-09-30, 22:23

Didn't we discuss the speed of loading and unloading wares some time ago in another thread? I think, loading was immediately, unloading was one by one and we decided to make it consistent (load and unload both immediately). So question: Why not unload immediately here, too? Should be the easiest from coding perspective, I guess (+ it would be consistent)

Edited: 2020-09-30, 22:23

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 1052
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2020-10-01, 09:40

You're right, loading and unloading transport wares is done instantly now, unloading expedition wares is still done with the delay. You could argue though that (un)loading wares at a portdock is fast and easy while here the wares need to be brought over from the ship to an uncivilized island with a tricky place to land so it is harder and slower to do…
Okay not be best argument face-grin.png +½ from me for changing this


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1554
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-10-01, 09:41

JanO wrote:

Didn't we discuss the speed of loading and unloading wares some time ago in another thread? I think, loading was immediately, unloading was one by one and we decided to make it consistent (load and unload both immediately). So question: Why not unload immediately here, too? Should be the easiest from coding perspective, I guess (+ it would be consistent)

You are right we (at least you, nordfriese and WorldSavior) already agreed on that in the bugs between b20 and b21 thread. Thanks for reminding.
As I would nvote for this as well we should go this way rather then changing the order.

Issue is online https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4311


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1823
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: North of Germany
Posted at: 2020-10-01, 14:24

hessenfarmer wrote:

JanO wrote:

Didn't we discuss the speed of loading and unloading wares some time ago in another thread? I think, loading was immediately, unloading was one by one and we decided to make it consistent (load and unload both immediately). So question: Why not unload immediately here, too? Should be the easiest from coding perspective, I guess (+ it would be consistent)

You are right we (at least you, nordfriese and WorldSavior) already agreed on that in the bugs between b20 and b21 thread. Thanks for reminding.
As I would nvote for this as well we should go this way rather then changing the order.

Issue is online https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4311

+1


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1554
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-10-01, 22:35

WorldSavior wrote:

I mean that the resources of the groundwork (for example granite) are put out by the builder first, then he dismantles parts which are above (like cloth or wood).

well this is already different in master of the current development due to changes made to make the tribes plugable (needed for addonsystem), However I don't have any glue why and how it is achieved.


Top Quote
_Elefantenrennen
Avatar
Joined: 2020-07-11, 17:49
Posts: 87
Ranking
Likes to be here
Location: Why do you want to know this?
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 10:33

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

_Elefantenrennen wrote:

Noch ein kleiner Bug, der nicht wirklich stört, aber trotzdem ein Bug ist:

Wenn man sich selbst im Metaserver eine private Nachricht sendet, dann wird sie doppelt gesendet.

kopiert von https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/34536/

Probably not worth fixing.

It's not so much a bug, it's just logical:

  1. You send a message and see that
  2. you receive the message and see that additionally.

Yes, but when you are in a game, you see that message only 1 time


t h e h a l f h e r o r u s h i s a s t r o n g s t r a t e g y i f y o u k n o w h o w t o p l a y i t

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1554
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-10-08, 20:44

WorldSavior wrote:

Both territorial win conditions are broken.

It can happen that one has "30 minutes to prevent from victory" even though the maximum should be 20. It can also happen that this time increases instead of decreasing, or it decreases much to fast. Attached is a network game where you can check the player status messages. This bug has not been fixed before b21.

Ok I checked the linked game and the code. I can confirm this happens in the following conditions: A player has more then 50% of land and gets started to receive messages. If he looses the land while nobody else has 50% he still gets winning messages and the others get the loosing ones. However the time is reset to 30 minutes to trigger normal messages. but the messages are still triggerd every 5 minutes with the wrong content. It will be cleared if anybody gets more then 50 % again. So the condition works but the messaging is broken or weird in this case.
Thanks for reporting I will provide a fix.

Edit: Fix is up for review and could use some testing https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4333

Edited: 2020-10-09, 21:18

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Avatar
Joined: 2013-10-07, 15:56
Posts: 3282
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: RenderedRect
Posted at: 2020-10-11, 08:18

_Elefantenrennen wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

_Elefantenrennen wrote:

Noch ein kleiner Bug, der nicht wirklich stört, aber trotzdem ein Bug ist:

Wenn man sich selbst im Metaserver eine private Nachricht sendet, dann wird sie doppelt gesendet.

kopiert von https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/34536/

Probably not worth fixing.

It's not so much a bug, it's just logical:

  1. You send a message and see that
  2. you receive the message and see that additionally.

Yes, but when you are in a game, you see that message only 1 time

Issue is up https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4338

Thanks for reporting.


Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Avatar
Joined: 2013-10-07, 15:56
Posts: 3282
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: RenderedRect
Posted at: 2020-10-11, 08:24

WorldSavior wrote:

Some more bugs in b21:

  • Is it possible that the port forwarding is still required for player via direct IP instead of lobby? It seems that it doesn't work without it. It might also be possible that VPNs have a bad impact on playing via direct IP.

I don't know - I have opened a metaserver issue just in case: https://github.com/widelands/widelands-metaserver/issues/72

  • in a 2vs2 match, every team can push the speed to 33.5x even when the other team doesn't want that. (this is independent from teams, just depending on the numbers of players). For comparison: in 1vs1 a player can always turn the speed down to 0.5x (which is a much better situation, but 1x would be better imho)

Good point, I have proposed a possible solution in https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4339


Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote