Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: non-atlanteans need a buff

king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1431
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-14, 14:42

I was considering if we should also help empire by turning a couple big buildings into medium ones (weaving mill and weapon smith would be my choice), as they are difficult to fit in a small land with limited large plots.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1260
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-09-14, 18:40

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I was considering if we should also help empire by turning a couple big buildings into medium ones (weaving mill and weapon smith would be my choice), as they are difficult to fit in a small land with limited large plots.

Yes, it's the only weapon smith which requires a big building spot. And it doesn't even look like that.

I think that changing the weaving mill like you suggest wouldn't be a problem for the balance neither.

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

JanO wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

What about increasing the conquer radius from barbarian towers from 8 to 9? Every other tribe has a medium building with conquer radius 9, and the barbarian barrier has also radius 8.

Would it then be reasonable to slightly increase the construction-cost for the tower?

I don't think so, it's already very expensive because of the high amount of blackwood.

Or decrease it for the barrier, as we talk about buffs for non-atlanteans.

One could think about this, because 5 blackwood means a lot of wood. (or the conquer radius could be increased by 1, then reducing the costs wouldn't make sense, I guess)

hessenfarmer wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

What about increasing the conquer radius from barbarian towers from 8 to 9? Every other tribe has a medium building with conquer radius 9, and the barbarian barrier has also radius 8.

I see no reason not to.

GunChleoc wrote:

It's not clear to me from this discussion what has been agreed upon

neither to me. I was hoping we could agree on something, because I think it's agreed that a slight buff is needed. So, while we don't have a democratic process, let's see if there is something akin to voting for doing the following stuff:

Basically there were no big disagreements, only that I was not and stil am not convinced about the reduction of training costs for non atlanteans. but I agreed on trying it out. So this is what is my understanding of the current state of discussion.

Empire

  • decrease the cost of training empire soldiers in both evade levels from 2 bread to 1 bread.

This would mean a revolution for the empire on small maps, but at the other hand I think that the empire could need such a revolution there.

Would it be just an evolution to reduce it for second level only?

This would also be an advantage.

Or just reduce both of them in the colloseum leaving the arena at 2 bread, giving more meaning to have colloseum at all?

There is already a lot of meaning in having the colosseum. Evade 2 is a better promotion than evade 1, and currently it costs the same amount of bread.

If we would change it like you say, there wouldn't be much use for the arena left, I guess.

Frisians

  • adapt farmers work cycle to match the other tribes

Testing also shows that barley lives to long. If you destroy a frisian farm, it takes like ages until the barley vanishes - longer than other plants, right?

Correct, but I can't see a big disadvantage in this. In contrary an opponent who conquered some frisian farmspace can't use it for quite a while.

It takes just too much time until the barley vanishes. Maybe one should reduce it's times by 50%, letting one field produce one barley (instead of two units) and change also the working behavior accordingly.

  • reduce food cost for training ( not discussed in numbers - Maybe WorldSavior could provide some suggestion to discuss)

Okay, my suggestion is:

Broad sword needs (bear or bread) and (smoked fish or smoked meat)

Double sword needs (bear or bread) and (smoked fish or smoked meat)

(And it looks that the priority order of the 4 food wares should be switched around here in the camp, because beer seems to be more expensive than bread and both more expensive than smoked fish / meat)

Second Long sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (smoked fish/meat)

Second broad sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (smoked fish/meat)

Sounds reasonable to me, perhaps we could use a cheaper second smoked Meat fish instead of beer/ bread for the first double sword and the second broad sword to not overdo it. Resulting in
Double sword needs (bear or bread) and (2 smoked fish or smoked meat)
Second broad sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (2 smoked fish/meat)

Smoked fish can also be expensive, especially if aqua farms are required.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 481
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2019-09-15, 13:31

I was considering if we should also help empire by turning a couple big buildings into medium ones (weaving mill and weapon smith would be my choice), as they are difficult to fit in a small land with limited large plots.

+1

Correct, but I can't see a big disadvantage in this. In contrary an opponent who conquered some frisian farmspace can't use it for quite a while.

It takes just too much time until the barley vanishes. Maybe one should reduce it's times by 50%, letting one field produce one barley (instead of two units) and change also the working behavior accordingly.

What exactly was the reason why they use barley rather than wheat again…? This should stay as it is.


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1431
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-15, 21:01

Nordfriese wrote:

What exactly was the reason why they use barley rather than wheat again…? This should stay as it is.

that they live in harsh climate and need a crop that can survive those conditions, even if it grows more slowly.

Personally I like that they keep a personalized crop. those small things give personality to a tribe. if they need a buff for the farms, we can further decrease the sleep time of the farmer.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1260
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-09-21, 16:09

Nordfriese wrote:

I was considering if we should also help empire by turning a couple big buildings into medium ones (weaving mill and weapon smith would be my choice), as they are difficult to fit in a small land with limited large plots.

+1

Correct, but I can't see a big disadvantage in this. In contrary an opponent who conquered some frisian farmspace can't use it for quite a while.

It takes just too much time until the barley vanishes. Maybe one should reduce it's times by 50%, letting one field produce one barley (instead of two units) and change also the working behavior accordingly.

What exactly was the reason why they use barley rather than wheat again…?

Let me guess - to have some more diversity? face-wink.png

This should stay as it is.

The disadvantage would be big. The growth- and persistence-time of barley is just to high in the game.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 481
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2019-09-21, 16:14

What exactly was the reason why they use barley rather than wheat again…?

Let me guess - to have some more diversity? face-wink.png

That also. But see one post above yours…

This should stay as it is.

The disadvantage would be big. The growth- and persistence-time of barley is just to high in the game.

The growth time is de facto halved by the fact that each field produces 2 barley, so it´s not a real disadvantage. The persistence time is not a disadvantage for them, only for their conqueror…


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1260
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-10-02, 19:11

Nordfriese wrote:

This should stay as it is.

The disadvantage would be big. The growth- and persistence-time of barley is just to high in the game.

The growth time is de facto halved by the fact that each field produces 2 barley, so it´s not a real disadvantage.

I disagree.

  1. it takes much more time to harvest the first barley
  2. Frisian farms tend to have more unused fields around them than other farms

The persistence time is not a disadvantage for them, only for their conqueror…

I disagree, because buildable space can be blocked also quite long for the frisians, especially if they want to destroy the farm in order to get more building space.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1431
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-10-02, 19:58

those things are very small and rarely relevant in an actual game.


Top Quote