Latest Posts

Topic: Atlanteans 2

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-12, 21:46

Ok, I hopefully fixed these issues. thank you very much for the endurance to find them all. (i don't hve much time to playtest this for myself)

I increased the soldiers strength of the empire one more time.

The wrong message was triggered, because I switched the storyline once ago in the texts and forgot to remove that killing Maletus is fulfilling the tribute as well in the skript.

The goal was always to have 2 guardhouses and 1 tower, I refined the text of the objective to be clear on that.

I really appreciate your help in testing and hope you will not loose your commitment and endurance. Thousand thanks again.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 00:11

waldecker wrote:

Finished the scenario. (Total game time ~9:45 hours)

My time was about the same.

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

Overall I like the mission. But, at the beginning, the quests come very quickly, you have a lot to accomplish, when you have fulfilled them (except the one "destroy the empire"), it gets a bit lengthy, because the paths are very long and towers have to be built again and again to find the next military buildings to conquer.

any ideas for some intermediate quests are welcome I just ran out of ideas.

Maybe some Artifacts to search for so Satul helps with finding/destroying the enemy warehouses to speed up things a little. It took me more than 3 hours to destroy the barbarians after the priests were recruited.

It could be done by recruiting new priests instead of artifacts, so the temple doesn't become useless after Jundlina's return.

Top Quote
waldecker
Version: DailyBuild
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 13:51

hessenfarmer wrote:

Ok, I hopefully fixed these issues. thank you very much for the endurance to find them all. (i don't hve much time to playtest this for myself)

I increased the soldiers strength of the empire one more time.

The wrong message was triggered, because I switched the storyline once ago in the texts and forgot to remove that killing Maletus is fulfilling the tribute as well in the skript.

The goal was always to have 2 guardhouses and 1 tower, I refined the text of the objective to be clear on that.

I really appreciate your help in testing and hope you will not loose your commitment and endurance. Thousand thanks again.

Always happy to help.

Please let me know when you have the next build ready for testing

Edited: 2022-05-16, 13:51

Yesterday I stood before an abyss, today I'm one step further

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 13:54

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

Overall I like the mission. But, at the beginning, the quests come very quickly, you have a lot to accomplish, when you have fulfilled them (except the one "destroy the empire"), it gets a bit lengthy, because the paths are very long and towers have to be built again and again to find the next military buildings to conquer.

any ideas for some intermediate quests are welcome I just ran out of ideas.

Maybe some Artifacts to search for so Satul helps with finding/destroying the enemy warehouses to speed up things a little. It took me more than 3 hours to destroy the barbarians after the priests were recruited.

It could be done by recruiting new priests instead of artifacts, so the temple doesn't become useless after Jundlina's return.

Good idea, but since meat is needed for priests, their numbers are limited since meat is rare on the map

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 14:01

waldecker wrote:

*tothxa wrote:

Good idea, but since meat is needed for priests, their numbers are limited since meat is rare on the map

Good point, but this was commented already on Github and is a mistake, so I already wrote there, that I'll change the meat for something valuable as well.
I will think about Satul helping to destroy warehouses. However doing this by priests is probably hard to make (especially in a repeated manner)

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 18:51

hessenfarmer wrote:

I will think about Satul helping to destroy warehouses. However doing this by priests is probably hard to make (especially in a repeated manner)

You can keep counting them, and do some action after certain numbers of them. Can be every second one, or could even increase the requirement by one for each new one (ie. 2, 4, 6, 8 vs. 2, 5, 9, 14).

Destroying warehouses before the player can actually beat the Barbarians would be too easy, so my ideas for possible actions are:

1. reveal all warehouses
  2. reveal all military sites
  3. reveal whole map

Though these are not the best fit for Satul and the volcanic eruptions…

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-16, 21:33

waldecker wrote:

Always happy to help.

Please let me know when you have the next build ready for testing

I am afraid this will not happen until next weekend.
I am afk for the rest of the week due to my other hobby.

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-05-18, 13:10

Different idea for speeding up the endgame and to make it easier to actually fight the Empire:

There's the small portspace spot to the North of the Empire. Maybe it could be expanded a little to allow one medium building. If a high tower is built there, it could just reach a small building space, starting a sentry chain to(/from) the Empire. Either through the mountains (would be destroyed in the eruption) or on the shore.

So for the endgame, a similar minimal one-way route could be created in the back of the Barbarians in the East.

For the game start:

Would it reduce the intended difficulty too much if the player got a little extra time to get through to the passage to the North by delaying the Barbarians with a denser wall of forest and stones in the passage to the East?

(doing these discussions here because they are not critical for the approval of the scenario IMO)

Edited: 2022-05-18, 13:11

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-25, 22:39

I did a full playtest myself. And I think mopping up the barbarians isn't too difficult after breaking their first resistance, so you could simply play on higher game speed. So I won't implement anything about using religion to speed this up.
I implemented the map suggestions though (forest wall to the Barbarians, forest and stone wall to keep the Empire back a bit, Some buildings near the port in the north)

made some other small corrections (especially delayed the return messages of jundlina until the volcano has fully erupted)

@waldecker: a final test would be fine now

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-27, 11:16

hessenfarmer wrote:

I did a full playtest myself. And I think mopping up the barbarians isn't too difficult after breaking their first resistance, so you could simply play on higher game speed. So I won't implement anything about using religion to speed this up.
I implemented the map suggestions though (forest wall to the Barbarians, forest and stone wall to keep the Empire back a bit, Some buildings near the port in the north)

made some other small corrections (especially delayed the return messages of jundlina until the volcano has fully erupted)

@waldecker: a final test would be fine now

Thanks for the fixes, will try to find some time to test the next days

Top Quote