Latest Posts

Topic: Atlanteans 2

waldecker
Version: DailyBuild
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 22:04

Nordfriese wrote:

Again not scenario-related. "Do not store" means exactly that – the warehouse/port will not store tools. This does not stop it from using tools to create needed workers. That workers who need tools are often spawned at the oldest warehouse instead of the closest one is a known bug.

Any estimate when it will be fixed? Since the 2nd harbour is needed to reach the most profitable iron mine, it makes this scenario pretty hard. With a total trip time of min. 6 minutes.

Also its not the oldest warehouse, its the youngest harbour (or at least the second building to store goods in, have not checked how it works when building a warehouse before the second harbour yet) where the tools are delivered to to be used for creation of new workers.

Edited: 2022-05-02, 22:55

Yesterday I stood before an abyss, today I'm one step further

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 22:05

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

yes, as you can see, it refers to a different value (248/249 and 255/256)

Oh my god. 2 typos in one line of coding and I did not find the second one while correcting the first one. At some point oin time you get blinded in your own code.
Mea culpa.

Fixed it now hopefully

Thats what testing is there for face-wink.png

Do I have to play the whole scenario again? Or can I use a saved game?

Edited: 2022-05-02, 22:06

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 22:31

waldecker wrote:

Thats what testing is there for face-wink.png

Do I have to play the whole scenario again? Or can I use a saved game?

Unfortunately the (wrong) scripting code is saved within the save game, so you need to play from the beginning.

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-04, 00:32

Finished the scenario. (Total game time ~9:45 hours)

what I found in this testrun:

• shortly after I delivered all the goods to the barbarians, the empire was defeated without my help, is that intended?

• when the priests have been recruited and Satul shows his might, also one of my mines was destroyed

• after the destruction of the last barbarien warehouse Jundlina talks about the victory, than I choose "OK" instead of "Back to main menu", than Sidolus says I lost (see screenshot)

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

Overall I like the mission. But, at the beginning, the quests come very quickly, you have a lot to accomplish, when you have fulfilled them (except the one "destroy the empire"), it gets a bit lengthy, because the paths are very long and towers have to be built again and again to find the next military buildings to conquer.

any ideas for some intermediate quests are welcome I just ran out of ideas.

Maybe some Artifacts to search for so Satul helps with finding/destroying the enemy warehouses to speed up things a little. It took me more than 3 hours to destroy the barbarians after the priests were recruited.

Cheers

Waldecker

Edited: 2022-05-04, 00:35

Attachment:
Lost_after_victory.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-04, 08:05

waldecker wrote:

Finished the scenario. (Total game time ~9:45 hours)

Thank god it finally runs through. Many thanks for putting so much effort in.

what I found in this testrun:

• shortly after I delivered all the goods to the barbarians, the empire was defeated without my help, is that intended?

No it isn't. But it is hard to find the balance. I made them weaker, to prevent them from overrunning the player to early. Now it seems they are too weak. Will try to make them a bit stronger again. (or weaken the Barbarians a bit as well).

• when the priests have been recruited and Satul shows his might, also one of my mines was destroyed

Well that is the risk in provoking a god to show his might by causing a volcano eruption.

• after the destruction of the last barbarien warehouse Jundlina talks about the victory, than I choose "OK" instead of "Back to main menu", than Sidolus says I lost (see screenshot)

Oh, I will have a look and investigate. But I will be afk for some days.

Edit: found and fixed (hopefully)

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

Overall I like the mission. But, at the beginning, the quests come very quickly, you have a lot to accomplish, when you have fulfilled them (except the one "destroy the empire"), it gets a bit lengthy, because the paths are very long and towers have to be built again and again to find the next military buildings to conquer.

any ideas for some intermediate quests are welcome I just ran out of ideas.

Maybe some Artifacts to search for so Satul helps with finding/destroying the enemy warehouses to speed up things a little. It took me more than 3 hours to destroy the barbarians after the priests were recruited.

Nice idea. Will think about it.

Cheers

Waldecker

Edited: 2022-05-04, 08:28

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-09, 14:50

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

No it isn't. But it is hard to find the balance. I made them weaker, to prevent them from overrunning the player to early. Now it seems they are too weak. Will try to make them a bit stronger again. (or weaken the Barbarians a bit as well).

Maybe the barbarians should be more dependent on the deliveries to defend themselves instead of defeat the empire. Before you fixed the issue with the barbarians not attacking the player and not giving ultimatums between scout contact and finishing the trading post, the balance was OK, empire and barbarians fought but none came out on top. Since this is fixed now the barbarians get a few more goods that gives this little advantage.

Cheers

Waldecker

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-09, 15:19

I reduced the empire strength some time ago (replacing a 4,4,0,0 soldier with a 0,0,0,0 one. I just undid this partly by making this particular soldier 3,3,0,0 now. that should give the empire quite some advantage.

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-12, 16:39

hessenfarmer wrote:

I reduced the empire strength some time ago (replacing a 4,4,0,0 soldier with a 0,0,0,0 one. I just undid this partly by making this particular soldier 3,3,0,0 now. that should give the empire quite some advantage.

It still needs adjustment, Empire defeated before sending all goods

Attachment:
Strenght_01.png

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-12, 16:43

waldecker wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

It still needs adjustment, Empire defeated before sending all goods

And the next Message is false

Attachment:
Delivery_01.png

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-12, 16:51

Another topic:

The goal of building a tower is not recognized.

Attachment:
Goal_01.png

Top Quote