News: Development update
Well... already 2 more month since my last development update... so let me give you a short look on the new stuff we implemented since than.
First of all: Chuck continued being creative and added a lot very great new animations. He is really doing a very good job there :).
And on game feature site:
- We finally added a team play feature - teamed players can't attack each other and share the vision
- Defeated players will now become spectators in some game types - so they can go on spectating after being defeated.
- the basic opengl support was merged and improved at some places - if you feel like Widelands is too slow, you can now try the new opengl renderer
- Players on Windows are finally able to host games via our internet lobby
- The computer player was partly improved
- The forester got some more intelligence - finally he understands, that it is not a good idea, to rip out other small trees and as well cares about affinities of the trees (so will place a tree that best fits the place)
- A lot new translations were added.
- The map autogeneration feature is now able to place starting positions and was slightly improved to produce better playable maps.
- Players now get a message, if a new militarysite was occupied.
- In multiplayer games, the hosting player got some new commands to control the game (just type /help in the chat box)
And as alwasy - last but not least: we again fixed some nasty bugs
So although some of us disappeared in the "summer hole" ;), we still got a bit bigger list of new stuff for you in the last 2 months :). Hope you like it :)!
For a list of all changes since build15, see the changelog. It should contain all major changes.
Let's look forward for a great Build16
6 comments Posted by Nasenbaer on 2010-08-12, 20:26
Comments on this Post:
Reply to Original:
Log in to post comments!