Latest Posts

Topic: Naval Tournament 2023

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-07, 22:23

sorry guys,
Unfortunately I am currently occupied by some unforeseeable private obligations. So I won't have any time to review anyything or organise the tournament. So either someone steps in or I have to postpone the tournament to the beginning of november

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-08, 10:21

So, this would also include work to review code in order to get the new tournament version ready?

By the way, I found a very annoying regression bug: In the economy settings it's not possible anymore to select/deselect by drawing a rectangle.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-08, 10:52

@ hessenfarmer: I whish you all the best

WorldSavior wrote:

So, this would also include work to review code in order to get the new tournament version ready?

Not directly. If you want to maintain the tournament in place of hessenfarmer you can do it. But i am not sure which new features of naval warefare hessenfarmer want to test in the next round. Probably the amazons balancing adjustments.

By the way, I found a very annoying regression bug: In the economy settings it's not possible anymore to select/deselect by drawing a rectangle.

This is already solved: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/6155

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-09, 19:21

Ok. I could imagine to step in, so the tournament could restart in one week. One option would be to take the version of round 3 for round 4, and after the round 4 we could wait for the new version - for round 5.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-09, 20:19

as the only noticeable progress so far was the amazon balancing fix I would like to test this to get some feedback whether further balancing is needed or not.

If @WorldSavior really would step in for one round this would be good. In this case I might need to skip one round as I will most probably away from keyboard for 2 weeks beginning next sunday.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-09, 20:35

+1 for having the amazons change in the next round.

There are also some open PRs with suggestions regarding the warship cost and strength balancing: https://codeberg.org/wl/widelands/pulls
I can make a new tag whenever required depending on whether or not you want to wait for more commits.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2023-10-09, 21:17

From the release testing point of view, I think it would be important to include either kind of warship cost increase in the next round. Testing that properly is much more important than the balancing of Amazons.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-10, 16:28

WorldSavior wrote: Ok. I could imagine to step in, so the tournament could restart in one week.

sounds like a very good Idea

One option would be to take the version of round 3 for round 4, and after the round 4 we could wait for the new version - for round 5.

I'm agreeing to that for our Game. Maybe players can decide which one to play and the next round will be obligatory in the new Version.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-16, 19:10

What about continuing the tournament regardless of the version? The rules say: "Never a turn will last more than two weeks." For 3 weeks, nothing has happened. So this could be a 5-week-round or worse.

The tournament isn't only about testing, it's also about playing. Anybody else willing to continue except for the-x and me?

Top Quote
_Elefantenrennen
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2023-10-16, 19:34

WorldSavior wrote:

What about continuing the tournament regardless of the version? The rules say: "Never a turn will last more than two weeks." For 3 weeks, nothing has happened. So this could be a 5-week-round or worse.

The tournament isn't only about testing, it's also about playing. Anybody else willing to continue except for the-x and me?

Fully agreed. I'm also for continuing the tournament.

Top Quote