Topic: Bugs between build20 and build21

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-01, 18:07

There are some new bugs:

• frisian taverns should prefer berries over bread. Why should they prefer bread over berries? Berries are only for rations, bread isn't.
  • coal-huts should collect coal even when eco says "no need for coal", they just shouldn't place new coal. And maybe they should consume the wood before they place the coal, not afterwards.
  • kicking a worker doesn't work if the worker is doing something outside the buildings. important for woodcutters and foresters (amazons)
  • Frisian soldiers have three red dots at their evade field, but this is wrong, because each dot represents one training step. So the dots have to be removed again.
  • is it possible that playing via direct network is broken? Open two windows of widelands, host a direct network match with the first and try to join with the second. Will not work. With build20, it works fine.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-01, 19:12

WorldSavior wrote:

There are some new bugs:

• frisian taverns should prefer berries over bread. Why should they prefer bread over berries? Berries are only for rations, bread isn't.

oops forgot that will be fixed together with them having not enough hammers.

• coal-huts should collect coal even when eco says "no need for coal", they just shouldn't place new coal. And maybe they should consume the wood before they place the coal, not afterwards.

good point will do at as well

• kicking a worker doesn't work if the worker is doing something outside the buildings. important for woodcutters and foresters (amazons)

Hm I have seen that as well I believe it works he is leaving the building when he returns. Could you please reconfirm if he is definitly not leaving.

• Frisian soldiers have three red dots at their evade field, but this is wrong, because each dot represents one training step. So the dots have to be removed again.

if I can confirm this it will be fixed of course.

• is it possible that playing via direct network is broken? Open two windows of widelands, host a direct network match with the first and try to join with the second. Will not work. With build20, it works fine.

Don't know will try to confirm and open an Issue on github.

Thanks for reporting.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 18:17

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

There are some new bugs:

oops forgot that will be fixed together with them having not enough hammers.

Okay. And I forgot that berries can also be used for fish farms. But this is not obligatory on most maps, and berries are cheaper than bread

good point will do at as well

Thanks. It could just screw the statistics if no coal is needed, but in that case "0%" will also be somewhat true. Not to mention that the new statistic percentage might solve that.

Hm I have seen that as well I believe it works he is leaving the building when he returns. Could you please reconfirm if he is definitly not leaving.

When a woodcutter is returning with the trunk, the click will be ignored. By the way, it could be a nice feature if chosing no worker but clicking the kick-button would kick the worker at the beginning of the list by default.

Thanks

Thanks for reporting.

You're welcome

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 20:31

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Thanks

Can't find an image with 3 dots for evade. Can you make a screenshot please.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 20:43

Yes

Attachment:
shot0000.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 22:20

just tried frisians in my match against the-x I couldn' t see the effect. Which version you tried?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 22:26

ok I found it and fixed it but it was only in the amazons branch.

It 's hard to keep track of all the different things going on but this was definitly only in amazons.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-20, 23:26

Another bug is that one cannot properly start matches on maps with more than 8 players.

Between b19 and b20 it once worked.

And not a new bug, but with a high priority: The bug that wares can stop their journey after loading a match.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-21, 19:09

Please don't report the ware routing bug again, since it has already been reported multiple times face-wink.png

We never officially supported starting a game with more than 8 players. That feature was only introduced for AI training. I will consider it after I have finished making the singleplayer start game screen looking like the multiplayer screen and when that code has been unified. Less work for me that way face-wink.png Won't happen for Build 21 though as I'm trying to finish up my features and go into bug fixing mode.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 11:23

Niektory provided a fix for the ware routing saveloading bug. It won't fix broken savegames, but it should not reoccur with new savegames. Please report again if you see the bug again in new games.

https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/3712

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote