Latest Posts

Topic: Post bugs which should be fixed in build21

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-12, 21:33

Bug in daily trunk: I could misuse the economy profiles to change the economy setting of AIs, when I was spectating. I guess this works also with human players. It works also in replays which lets Widelands crash. But it's such a fantastic feature! I'm really amazed by the new features of trunk. Thanks

Edited by kaputtnik: Moved to a new thread

Edited: 2019-08-12, 22:36

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-12, 22:34

The old topic bugs contain some bugs which are related to the current development version. Please report bugs which are related to build 21 in this topic.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-13, 11:27

Bug in daily trunk: I could misuse the economy profiles to change the economy setting of AIs, when I was spectating. I guess this works also with human players. It works also in replays which lets Widelands crash.

Thanks for reporting, this will be an easy fix. Just some missing checks whether the interactive "player"/spectator is allowed to act…

Edit: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1839948

Edited: 2019-08-13, 11:34

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-13, 22:05

Nordfriese wrote:

Bug in daily trunk: I could misuse the economy profiles to change the economy setting of AIs, when I was spectating. I guess this works also with human players. It works also in replays which lets Widelands crash.

Thanks for reporting

You're welcome

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Yes, but peaceful mode should also be available for territiorial win conditions.

That would be difficult for Territorial Lord if there are 3 players and none manages to get more than 1/2 of the land - the game will become unwinnable.

That's true. At the other hand, the match is playable if there are just two teams.

It would be feasible for Territorial Time though for big maps -

Yes

on Crater, it would be boring fter all territory has been conquered.

Just twenty minutes (which one could speed up or skip), because if all territory is conquered, most likely one player gets more than 50%.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-14, 08:29

WorldSavior wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

Thanks for reporting

You're welcome

Fix was merged in revision 9179

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Yes, but peaceful mode should also be available for territiorial win conditions.

That would be difficult for Territorial Lord if there are 3 players and none manages to get more than 1/2 of the land - the game will become unwinnable.

That's true. At the other hand, the match is playable if there are just two teams.

Seafaring map, just one port space for an island with 2 (or more) players: If both can claim a portion of the portspace, neither can build the port, so both are blocked from expanding, right?

Yes

Just twenty minutes (which one could speed up or skip), because if all territory is conquered, most likely one player gets more than 50%.

Not necessarily. If you play against an AI that expands fast and thus prevents you from reaching more than 45% but is too stupid to conquer everything it has access to so it remains at say 45%, the game is blocked.

Edited: 2019-08-14, 08:31

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-14, 13:19

In the editor (current trunk, debug build), opening the save/load windows with Ctrl-S and Ctrl-L doesn´t work for me. The window opens briefly and immediately closes again. Using the toolbar dropdown works fine. Can somebody confirm this?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-14, 15:33

Nordfriese wrote:

In the editor (current trunk, debug build), opening the save/load windows with Ctrl-S and Ctrl-L doesn´t work for me. The window opens briefly and immediately closes again. Using the toolbar dropdown works fine. Can somebody confirm this?

Here it works as expected: bzr9181[trunk] (Debug) Both shortcuts open the appropriate window without immediately closing them again.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-14, 19:17

Nordfriese wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Seafaring map, just one port space for an island with 2 (or more) players: If both can claim a portion of the portspace, neither can build the port, so both are blocked from expanding, right?

Lol, yes. Interesting corner case. But is that reason enough to forbid it? Playing autocrat on Ice Wars is also possible, even though a player can grab a small island and become undefeatable. But autocrat matches on Ice Wars can be interesting, as a challenge, for example against the AIs.

Yes

Not necessarily. If you play against an AI that expands fast and thus prevents you from reaching more than 45% but is too stupid to conquer everything it has access to so it remains at say 45%, the game is blocked.

Yes, that's also a suboptimal case, but that case could also be more or less possible with wood gnome, and there the peaceful mode is not forbidden. And anyway, after 4 hours the game is over then, and they can be speeded up.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-16, 20:46

A new critical bug showed up: Some buildings are not working at all. In my savegame, for example one deep iron mine is working fine, but the two others aren't doing anything even though they must work. Other buildings show the same problem, for example some honey bakeries. Maybe the bug shows up if one had kicked a worker in the past?

Save file: https://ufile.io/1me30gef (file will be gone after a month)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-16, 21:26

WorldSavior wrote:

A new critical bug showed up: Some buildings are not working at all. In my savegame, for example one deep iron mine is working fine, but the two others aren't doing anything even though they must work. Other buildings show the same problem, for example some honey bakeries. Maybe the bug shows up if one had kicked a worker in the past?

Save file: https://ufile.io/1me30gef (file will be gone after a month)

sounds bad. may I ask for WL version and some coordinates in the savegame

Top Quote