Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: widelands tournament 2019: subscriptions started

watchcat
Avatar
Joined: 2018-01-03, 16:42
Posts: 71
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-07-10, 22:44

Okay, I don't get it. I tried to watch the replay and there seems nothing to happen, just the headquarters doing nothing. What am I missing?


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1135
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-07-10, 22:48

watchcat wrote:

Okay, I don't get it. I tried to watch the replay and there seems nothing to happen, just the headquarters doing nothing. What am I missing?

Maybe you accidentally set the replay to pause? Or you tried to watch it with a wrong version of Widelands. Or it's a bug....


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1307
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-11, 04:41

ok, i updated the table. i will provide a new pairing and ranking tomorrow, as right now it's pretty late and that requires time.


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1307
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-11, 18:27

new round is up

edit: for those who didn't notice, i also keep a ranking in the first page

Edited: 2019-07-11, 19:23
Top Quote
the-x
Avatar
Joined: 2019-01-19, 13:23
Posts: 89
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-07-12, 23:54

kaputtnik - the-x scheduled tomorrow - 13.07.2019 at 14:00


Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 1702
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2019-07-13, 16:00

the-x (Atlanteans) won against me (Empire)

Thanks for the game the-x face-smile.png


Top Quote
Mars
Joined: 2009-03-28, 10:26
Posts: 53
Ranking
Likes to be here
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2019-07-15, 07:13

The game mars-tando is scheduled for Saturday, July 20, 7 pm CEST


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1307
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-15, 16:33

worldsavior won a very well played game.

Both me and him managed to train soldiers at roughly the same time and pace despite the inherent difficulties of the map (for those that still don't know it, lack of build space and scarcity of wood). we exchanged land back and forth several times during about 90 minutes from the first clash.

however, having started on the offensive, ws was able to get some more land, which in time gave him a somewhat better economy, which ultimately brought him victory.

Imho, one of the best examples of competitive wideland games. When I made the fjords map, I was hoping for exactly that kind of matches

I already uploaded the replay.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1135
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-07-16, 13:43

king_of_nowhere wrote:

worldsavior won a very well played game.

Both me and him managed to train soldiers at roughly the same time and pace despite the inherent difficulties of the map (for those that still don't know it, lack of build space and scarcity of wood). we exchanged land back and forth several times during about 90 minutes from the first clash.

however, having started on the offensive, ws was able to get some more land, which in time gave him a somewhat better economy, which ultimately brought him victory.

Imho, one of the best examples of competitive wideland games. When I made the fjords map, I was hoping for exactly that kind of matches

Yes, the match was very spectacular. But there is something what bothers me: Luck was a very important aspect. When it looked already like a safe win for me, you had a lot of luck, five of my heroes died in that game phase while only one of yours did so. This luck outweights the one which I had in the other hero-fights. So I think that I prefer matches where the law of large numbers prevents that.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
the-x
Avatar
Joined: 2019-01-19, 13:23
Posts: 89
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-07-16, 15:12

kaputtnik wrote:

the-x (Atlanteans) won against me (Empire)

Thanks for the game the-x face-smile.png

Very nice game, well played and fast, since it only lasted 1:02 but full of action


Top Quote