Latest Posts

Topic: widelands tournament 2019: subscriptions started

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-30, 22:26

WorldSavior wrote:

Which player colors will be picked for The Taw and Ice Wars?

fixed

watchcat wrote:

Same problem like GunChleoc, not sure if I can keep it up due to extremly difficult job and private conditions, but would really like to take part (thanks Worldsavior for the nudge!)

you always have the option of giving forfait a turn or two if you can't make it. As long as you announce it in advance, there is no penalty associated. Except losing the game, of course.

Top Quote
watchcat
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-05-30, 22:38

watchcat wrote:

Same problem like GunChleoc, not sure if I can keep it up due to extremly difficult job and private conditions, but would really like to take part (thanks Worldsavior for the nudge!)

you always have the option of giving forfait a turn or two if you can't make it. As long as you announce it in advance, there is no penalty associated. Except losing the game, of course.

Got it. So, count me in.

Top Quote
trimard
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-05-30, 22:50

Awesome! I would like to participing too! I miss Widelands!

Perfect timing, last summer where I can manage a bit of time before next year's big exam! face-smile.png

Thanks for the organization and to whoever manage the facebook account face-tongue.png

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 01:28

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Which player colors will be picked for The Taw and Ice Wars?

fixed

Thanks. And how would the second phase look like? A single collectors match on Sun of Fire could be fair.

And in case there will be more than 19 participants: How would the additional round look like?

@ everyone:

Anyone here who would vote against the Crossriver map? The starting positions look very different, so I doubt that it is fair, and artifacts could make that even more unfair.

trimard wrote:

I miss Widelands!

Widelands also misses you face-wink.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 03:40

WorldSavior wrote:

Thanks. And how would the second phase look like? A single collectors match on Sun of Fire could be fair.

And in case there will be more than 19 participants: How would the additional round look like?

while I know that I should pick those up, I don't like doing it because I don't like anticipating something that is unlikely to happen. Feels like selling the bear's skin before killing the bear, if that allegory exists in other languages. I know, it's a bit irrational. Still, I won't declare the possible 6th round unless we get close to the number.

@ everyone:

Anyone here who would vote against the Crossriver map? The starting positions look very different, so I doubt that it is fair, and artifacts could make that even more unfair.

I checked it, and they seemed balanced; not symmetrical, but similar availability of all resources within a similar radius.

On the other hand, if you confirm that it is unbalanced, I will trust your expertise

Top Quote
LAZA
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 08:26

I'm all in face-grin.png (as always)

* Dell X58 *
Xeon W3680 @ 3.33 GHz
M391B5673FH0-CH9 - 12 GB @ 1.33 GHz
R7260X-DC2OC-1GD5 DirectCU II OC
SP900 64 GB SSD = root; ST3000VX000-1ES1 = home; 2x WD2003FYPS-2 = pub
BDR-208D
-
* Manjaro Testing Xfce *

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 10:51

I would like to participate for the first time. But I am on holiday over the first 2 weeks with a big uncertainty whether I would have acces to Internet and my computer. If this is not a problem you might sign me in.

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 11:27

Hi every body, and thanks WorldSavior to notice me about this. Yes I want to participate at this tournament face-smile.png

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-31, 15:41

participating

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-01, 17:12

watchcat wrote:

You're welcome

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

while I know that I should pick those up, I don't like doing it because I don't like anticipating something that is unlikely to happen.

The second phase is unlikely to happen? If you say so...

Feels like selling the bear's skin before killing the bear, if that allegory exists in other languages. I know, it's a bit irrational. Still, I won't declare the possible 6th round unless we get close to the number.

Okay

@ everyone:

I checked it, and they seemed balanced; not symmetrical, but similar availability of all resources within a similar radius.

On the other hand, if you confirm that it is unbalanced, I will trust your expertise

I'd have to do more playtesting before I find an obvious imbalance. But as I wrote in the other thread: It's complicated to find good positions for the artifacts...

ektor wrote:

Hi every body, and thanks WorldSavior to notice me about this.

You're welcome

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote