Latest Posts

Topic: a few suggestions that may up gameplay speed a bit

squish

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-05-06, 18:04

-roads

The carriers wait in the middle; have them move to the location of pick-up in prediction to incoming goods.

could also have things go directly were there needed if there is a need instead of stopping by the warehouse/base first.

-building

instead of what looks like a fifo stack; allocate resources to building the resource buildings for more needed things (this makes it harder to accidentally allocate a bunch of buildings then have your lumber mills run out of wood{I keep doing that >.>})

for land clearing would be the ability to flag a lumber mill/quarry to farm specific trees/rocks first

the ability to move a building for say half cost instead of destroying and rebuilding it

building like farms that have nodes pop up around them when you place the building and you see those marker dots for them have the nodes that overlap another building like thats' nodes or some other construction turn red also have some warning indicator when you build something else that would block one of those nodes. (I actually have no idea if knocking out those nodes makes a difference in production)

when you have a building stop production or destroyed have it dump it's resources (like the logs in a wood hardener

Edited: 2012-05-06, 18:55

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-05-06, 20:14

Hi, welcome to the forum. face-smile.png

squish wrote:

-roads

The carriers wait in the middle; have them move to the location of pick-up in prediction to incoming goods.

What if it’s a two-way-delivering-road (especially near the HQ you should expect them)? How would you define, on which end the carrier has to wait? And it would be hard to see, which road has a carrier and which not, when they are waiting at the same flag…

could also have things go directly were there needed if there is a need instead of stopping by the warehouse/base first.

AFAIK they do.

-building

instead of what looks like a fifo stack; allocate resources to building the resource buildings for more needed things (this makes it harder to accidentally allocate a bunch of buildings then have your lumber mills run out of wood{I keep doing that >.>})

It’s in the responsibility of the player to watch for the ressources. The positive thing in this case is that there will (hopefully) a building costs preview be implemented.

for land clearing would be the ability to flag a lumber mill/quarry to farm specific trees/rocks first

That was discussed before, I just can’t find the thread right now.

the ability to move a building for say half cost instead of destroying and rebuilding it

Please download the newest version (build17), that has the "dismantle" feature you are asking for. face-wink.png

building like farms that have nodes pop up around them when you place the building and you see those marker dots for them have the nodes that overlap another building like thats' nodes or some other construction turn red also have some warning indicator when you build something else that would block one of those nodes. (I actually have no idea if knocking out those nodes makes a difference in production)

Well, you can turn the markers on in the building before deciding where to put the next one.

when you have a building stop production or destroyed have it dump it's resources (like the logs in a wood hardener

In build17 you can remove the resources manually.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote