Latest Posts

Topic: Island Capture and ships.

einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-10-06, 01:26

I have tried to play in huge map recently. Ships are... "necessary evil" now. Why? At the begining you have only 5 or 6 of them and long queues in ports. I really don't know how much of them I have had, but after about 15 hours of full production (2 shipyards, 100%) was enough for my empire.

Nowadays ships make economy slower, but strategy should be invented. If not- you will loose with another player. Most of problems can be solved now, some needs more efficient transport solutions. Probably after that everyone will be happy face-grin.png (no scout missions but very efficient transport.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-10-06, 14:25

einstein13 wrote:

I have tried to play in huge map recently. Ships are... "necessary evil" now. Why? At the begining you have only 5 or 6 of them and long queues in ports. I really don't know how much of them I have had, but after about 15 hours of full production (2 shipyards, 100%) was enough for my empire.

Clear words! face-smile.png Nevertheless I rate new Ships to be a Pro for the Game.

Nowadays ships make economy slower, but strategy should be invented.

Strategy for what? to make Eco faster?

If not- you will loose with another player.

??? loose Game due to Eco got to slow?

Most of problems can be solved now, some needs more efficient transport solutions.

figured anytime out (with low Resources - but however) that small Fleet drive off to move per Ship avg 2..3 Wares towards most distant Port I made.

Probably after that everyone will be happy face-grin.png (no scout missions but very efficient transport.

NO - I don't agree with you here! I am notorious mal-mooded and won't behave then exceptionally! (=_=) I smile only to Kindliness but not happyness - you are wrong here! face-grin.png

Edited: 2013-10-06, 14:26

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-10-06, 21:42

Nowadays ships make economy slower, but strategy should be invented.

Strategy for what? to make Eco faster?

Now you have to lern how to use ships. If not- your opponent will win. He/She will have fast economy and HUGE army. You will have only small army like all the time (without the ships) in the game.

I'm learning now how to use ships efficient. I was trying to have about 20 ports and some ships. It is hard to get all the empire together. It's easier to play without ships. You have only one empire. With ships- some small lands and mother-empire. Different point of view and game face-wink.png Totally different economy.

figured anytime out (with low Resources - but however) that small Fleet drive off to move per Ship avg 2..3 Wares towards most distant Port I made.

I had distant port with 200 fish and 300 crops inside. Try to move that... sometimes it's hard to imagine all the possibilities you can have in the game. So that moving resources from the port should be changed (recoded). But how? I don't know yet. I'm just thinking about that face-wink.png

Edited: 2013-10-06, 21:55

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-10-08, 12:51

einstein13 wrote:

Even more than Invasion I wait for InLand-Exploration from a Ship with Expedition-Crew resp Scouts and Geologists to explore first Resources before decide Settlement.

Is it necessary?

If neccessary is a Criterium than this Thread misses a Topic like most other as well.

For me most of maps are designed to have gold near the new port spaces.

That is what I consider to be boring.

I'ts the map designer's target to make maps playable.

Assume there exist many different Ways to play a Game. I know to make Ship-Traffic working for me. EG I build 2 Castle aside of Port to get Units close and right in Time I dump them towards close Port and Ship can take full Load of Soldiers. For ConstructionMaterials I collect same Way for Source-Port and Destination-Port as I get that Way most needed Resources on Stack. HowEver, it's this or that Way a Problem if Colony is totally dependend from Deliveries from Home so I won't colonize if I can not collect Resources close to Colony-Port. That Way also Opponents can know to priorize Resources around their Territory before consuming those inside.

However, I consider Maps with obvious Conditions without any Surprises to be less interesting than those with Surprises and won't design a Map different! That's my Point in Aspect of is it necessary in Aspect for more Fun by Surprise: doubtless SURE! Nevertheless I would like to see Method to transfer Goods and Units more specific clearly due to it is somewhat sad. Really Trouble for me is that I did once tried to collect by Expedition-Methods related Goods and find that all my free Fleet started far remote Transfer with avg perhaps 3 Wares as Freight. That Way I would neet about 7 Ships to transfer whole 20 called Wares at once. THAT is a Problem I would consider to be necessary to be solved yesterday but Programmers don't idle these Days I guess. face-smile.png

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote