Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Campaign screen stuck on loading

knarf
Avatar
Joined: 2024-01-03, 21:20
Posts: 37
OS: Debian
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-13, 23:49

Wow, this is dedication.

Can you please post the debug output from one of the games that eventually proceeds? Also, is there anything special about the setup of your system? Any network filesystems or anything else that might prolong startup for that long? What about the status of your disk - no errors and enough free space? I am really just fishing in the dark right now. Also - what about games that do not involve barbarians?


Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 03:22

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

And nothing special about the system nor problems with the hard drives etc.

This is Widelands version 1.1 Release
[00:00:00.000 real] INFO: Set home directory: C:\Users\tahvk\.widelands
[00:00:00.000 real] INFO: Set configuration file: C:\Users\tahvk\.widelands\config
[00:00:00.000 real] INFO: Widelands executable directory: D:\Games\Widelands_newww
[00:00:00.000 real] WARNING: No locale translations found in D:\Games\Widelands_newww\data\locale
[00:00:00.002 real] INFO: selected language: (system language)
[00:00:00.011 real] INFO: Setting initializer thread.
[00:00:00.011 real] INFO: Adding directory: D:\Games\Widelands_newww\data
[00:00:00.011 real] WARNING: No locale translations found in D:\Games\Widelands_newww\data\locale
[00:00:00.011 real] INFO: selected language: (system language)
[00:00:00.017 real] INFO: Byte order: little-endian
[00:00:00.462 real] INFO: Graphics: Try to set Videomode 800x600
[00:00:00.570 real] INFO: Graphics: OpenGL: Version "4.6.0 NVIDIA 546.29"
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_RED_SIZE is 8
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE is 8
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE is 8
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_BUFFER_SIZE is 24
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER is 1
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE is 24
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_STENCIL_SIZE is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_RED_SIZE is 16
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_GREEN_SIZE is 16
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_BLUE_SIZE is 16
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_SIZE is 16
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_STEREO is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL is 1
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION is 2
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION is 1
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_SHARE_WITH_CURRENT_CONTEXT is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: SDL_GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE is 0
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: OpenGL: Double buffering enabled
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: OpenGL: Max texture size: 32768
[00:00:00.571 real] INFO: Graphics: OpenGL: ShadingLanguage: "4.60 NVIDIA"
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: **** GRAPHICS REPORT ****
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: VIDEO DRIVER windows
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: Display #0: 1920x1080 @ 60hz SDL_PIXELFORMAT_RGB888
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: Display #1: 1920x1080 @ 60hz SDL_PIXELFORMAT_RGB888
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: **** END GRAPHICS REPORT ****
[00:00:00.583 real] INFO: Rebuilding texture atlas
[00:00:00.805 real] INFO: **** SOUND REPORT ****
[00:00:00.805 real] INFO: SDL version: 2.24.1
[00:00:00.805 real] INFO: SDL_mixer version: 2.6.2
[00:00:00.805 real] INFO: **** END SOUND REPORT ****
[00:00:01.058 real] INFO: Style Manager: Reading style templates took 10ms
[00:00:01.059 real] INFO: Setting logic thread.
[00:00:01.349 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms
[00:00:01.350 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial
[00:00:01.359 real] INFO: lastserial: 0
[00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms
[00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial
[00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial
[00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms
[00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire
[00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃    Ships
[00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃    Immovables
[00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃    Wares
[00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃    Workers
[00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃    Buildings
[00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃    Frontiers, flags and roads
[00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃    Finalizing
[00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms
[00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... 
[00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... 
[00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Heights Data ... 
[00:43:14.136 real] INFO: Reading Terrain Data ... 
[00:43:14.162 real] INFO: Reading Map Objects ... 
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_oil_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_borassus_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_borassus_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'tiny' for immovable 'palm_borassus_desert_sapling', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'tiny' for immovable 'palm_borassus_desert_sapling', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'small' for immovable 'palm_date_desert_pole', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_date_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_date_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'small' for immovable 'palm_date_desert_pole', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_borassus_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'medium' for immovable 'palm_coconut_desert_mature', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] WARNING: Unknown animation 'small' for immovable 'palm_coconut_desert_pole', using main animation instead.
[00:43:14.178 real] INFO: Reading Player Start Position Data ... 
[00:43:14.179 real] INFO: Reading (legacy) Bob Data ... 
[00:43:19.299 real] INFO: Reading Resources Data ... 
[00:43:19.318 real] INFO: Reading Map Version Data ... 
[00:43:19.319 real] INFO: Reading Allowed Worker Types Data ... 
[00:43:19.319 real] INFO: Reading Allowed Building Types Data ... 
[00:43:19.320 real] INFO: Reading Node Ownership Data ... 
[00:43:19.320 real] INFO: Reading Flag Data ... 
[00:43:19.320 real] INFO: Reading Road Data ... 
[00:43:19.321 real] INFO: Reading Waterway Data ... 
[00:43:19.321 real] INFO: Reading Building Data ... 
[00:43:19.321 real] INFO: Reading Flagdata Data ... 
[00:43:19.322 real] INFO: Reading Roaddata Data ... 
[00:43:19.322 real] INFO: Reading Waterwaydata Data ... 
[00:43:19.322 real] INFO: Reading Buildingdata Data ... 
[00:43:19.322 real] INFO: Second and third phase loading Map Objects ... 
[00:43:19.382 real] INFO: Reading Players View Data ... 
[00:43:19.383 real] WARNING: New-style view packet not found. There may be strange effects regarding unseen areas.
[00:43:19.383 real] INFO: Reading Player Message Data ... 
[00:43:19.383 real] INFO: Reading Wincondition Data ... 
[00:43:19.384 real] INFO: Reading Objective Data ... 
[00:43:19.384 real] INFO: Reading Scripting Data ... 
[00:43:19.385 real] INFO: Reading map images ... 
[00:43:19.420 real] INFO: WidelandsMapLoader::load_map_complete() for 'The Strands of Malac’ Mor' took 5302ms
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Elemental Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Player Names And Tribe Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Port Spaces Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Heights Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Terrain Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Player Start Position Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Player Message Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Resources Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Map Version ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Allowed Worker Types Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Flag Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Road Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Waterway Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Building Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Map Objects ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Wincondition Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Node Ownership Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Players View Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Scripting Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing Objective Data ... 
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: Writing map images ... 
[00:43:19.537 real] INFO: MapSaver::save() for 'The Strands of Malac’ Mor' took 116ms
[00:43:19.547 real] INFO: Postloading tribes...
[00:00:00.000 game] INFO: [sync] Reset
[00:43:19.550 real] INFO: Trying to run map:scripting/init.lua
[00:43:19.562 real] INFO: Done running map:scripting/init.lua.
[00:00:01.000 game] DEBUG: [Shipping Schedule] 
[00:00:01.000 game] DEBUG: ShippingSchedule::ship_added ()
[00:00:01.000 game] DEBUG: [Shipping Schedule] No ports!
[00:00:01.000 game] DEBUG: MO(101,empire_ship): New ship: Minerva
[00:00:01.100 game] DEBUG: MO(102,ship_fleet): ShipFleet::act
[00:00:01.100 game] DEBUG: [Shipping Schedule] 
[00:00:01.100 game] DEBUG: ShippingSchedule::update
[00:00:01.100 game] DEBUG: [Shipping Schedule] No ships or no ports
[00:00:04.474 game] INFO: Forcing flag at (6, 63)
[00:00:04.474 game] INFO: Message: adding warehouse for player 1 at (6, 62)

edited by Nordfriese: code blocks formatting

Edited: 2024-01-14, 10:32

Top Quote
knarf
Avatar
Joined: 2024-01-03, 21:20
Posts: 37
OS: Debian
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 10:25

Please use code blocks for log snippets. That is: put ``` (that and nothing else) on a line before and a line after the log in the text. This way it gets nicely formatted.

tahvkin wrote:

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Me too. face-smile.png

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

Are you sure? I cannot see barbarians mentioned, but the empire. On the other hand, the time stamps indicate a problem. No other errors or warnings though. Something needs to eat that time. Do you have some heavy anti virus scanning active maybe?

> [00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms
> [00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial
> [00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial
> [00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms
> [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire
> [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃    Ships
> [00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃    Immovables
> [00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃    Wares
> [00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃    Workers
> [00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃    Buildings
> [00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃    Frontiers, flags and roads
> [00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃    Finalizing
> [00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms
> [00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... 
> [00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... 
...
Edited: 2024-01-14, 10:28

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 2392
OS: Archlinux
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 11:11

tahvkin has started the scenario

[00:43:19.537 real] INFO: MapSaver::save() for 'The Strands of Malac’ Mor' took 116ms

which contain only the Empire tribe. So every loading of immovables take that long for him.

My fishing in the dark is: Maybe extracting the mipmaps take so long?


Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 19:54

Sorry, it was Barbarian start. I will play around with antivirus etc and see, if that helps anything.

knarf wrote:

Please use code blocks for log snippets. That is: put ``` (that and nothing else) on a line before and a line after the log in the text. This way it gets nicely formatted.

tahvkin wrote:

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Me too. face-smile.png

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

Are you sure? I cannot see barbarians mentioned, but the empire. On the other hand, the time stamps indicate a problem. No other errors or warnings though. Something needs to eat that time. Do you have some heavy anti virus scanning active maybe?

```

[00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms [00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃ Ships [00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃ Immovables [00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃ Wares [00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃ Workers [00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃ Buildings [00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃ Frontiers, flags and roads [00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃ Finalizing [00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms [00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... [00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... ... ```


Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 19:55

I mean it was Empire start.... a bit tired right now, sorry:)

tahvkin wrote:

Sorry, it was Barbarian start. I will play around with antivirus etc and see, if that helps anything.

knarf wrote:

Please use code blocks for log snippets. That is: put ``` (that and nothing else) on a line before and a line after the log in the text. This way it gets nicely formatted.

tahvkin wrote:

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Me too. face-smile.png

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

Are you sure? I cannot see barbarians mentioned, but the empire. On the other hand, the time stamps indicate a problem. No other errors or warnings though. Something needs to eat that time. Do you have some heavy anti virus scanning active maybe?

```

[00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms [00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃ Ships [00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃ Immovables [00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃ Wares [00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃ Workers [00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃ Buildings [00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃ Frontiers, flags and roads [00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃ Finalizing [00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms [00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... [00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... ... ```


Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 20:32

Hey. Only antivirus I have active is the Windows Defender. Closed all other unnecessary background apps etc but no change :( Weird that its a problem only for me..... indicating that I have some special operating system or something, but I really don't.

tahvkin wrote:

Sorry, it was Barbarian start. I will play around with antivirus etc and see, if that helps anything.

knarf wrote:

Please use code blocks for log snippets. That is: put ``` (that and nothing else) on a line before and a line after the log in the text. This way it gets nicely formatted.

tahvkin wrote:

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Me too. face-smile.png

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

Are you sure? I cannot see barbarians mentioned, but the empire. On the other hand, the time stamps indicate a problem. No other errors or warnings though. Something needs to eat that time. Do you have some heavy anti virus scanning active maybe?

```

[00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms [00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃ Ships [00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃ Immovables [00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃ Wares [00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃ Workers [00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃ Buildings [00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃ Frontiers, flags and roads [00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃ Finalizing [00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms [00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... [00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... ... ```


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2635
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 20:47

still fishing in the dark:
What are the specs of your computer running Win 11 (Processor, HDD Type (solid state or magnetic) and especially Memory amount.
it might be the case that if memeory is low the Os is constantly trying to swap memory to the Hdd which is extremely costly in Windows.


Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 20:47

Another weird thing (for me at least) is that when the loading is in process, then during this whole time the memory for the game in task manager is jumping between 100mb to 4gb. And cpu is constantly at 23%

tahvkin wrote:

Hey. Only antivirus I have active is the Windows Defender. Closed all other unnecessary background apps etc but no change :( Weird that its a problem only for me..... indicating that I have some special operating system or something, but I really don't.

tahvkin wrote:

Sorry, it was Barbarian start. I will play around with antivirus etc and see, if that helps anything.

knarf wrote:

Please use code blocks for log snippets. That is: put ``` (that and nothing else) on a line before and a line after the log in the text. This way it gets nicely formatted.

tahvkin wrote:

Well, the dedication is because I like this game!:)

Me too. face-smile.png

Anyway, below is the debug output for Barbarians start.

Are you sure? I cannot see barbarians mentioned, but the empire. On the other hand, the time stamps indicate a problem. No other errors or warnings though. Something needs to eat that time. Do you have some heavy anti virus scanning active maybe?

```

[00:00:18.898 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 198ms [00:00:18.899 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:18.900 real] INFO: Initializing economy serial [00:00:19.133 real] INFO: Registering the descriptions took 197ms [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┏━ Loading empire [00:00:20.431 real] INFO: ┃ Ships [00:00:20.453 real] INFO: ┃ Immovables [00:10:57.137 real] INFO: ┃ Wares [00:10:57.265 real] INFO: ┃ Workers [00:32:50.350 real] INFO: ┃ Buildings [00:43:13.946 real] INFO: ┃ Frontiers, flags and roads [00:43:13.954 real] INFO: ┃ Finalizing [00:43:13.955 real] INFO: ┗━ took 2573524ms [00:43:14.119 real] INFO: Reading Elemental Data ... [00:43:14.120 real] INFO: Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... ... ```


Top Quote
tahvkin
Avatar
Topic Opener
Joined: 2024-01-11, 13:12
Posts: 12
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-01-14, 20:54

hessenfarmer wrote:

still fishing in the dark:
What are the specs of your computer running Win 11 (Processor, HDD Type (solid state or magnetic) and especially Memory amount.
it might be the case that if memeory is low the Os is constantly trying to swap memory to the Hdd which is extremely costly in Windows.

24gb / i5 8400 the OP disc is SSD, the disk where wildlands is installed is HDD.


Top Quote