Latest Posts

Topic: How to manage where people should go

Gumaa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-08-10, 12:49

I have a problem with soldiers and miners. I want to direct them to a different place (either send miners to a different mine or send specific soldiers to training), but I don't know how to decide where they will go. If I will for example click on the selected person in the workers tab of the selected building they will immediately go right back to the same building or go to a random place.

Is there a way to manage that?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-08-10, 17:25

You can't send workers or soldiers to specific buildings. All you can do is to send them away form the current location. Or for soldiers in military sites: set the preference to either store Heroes or Rookies and adjust the amount of soldiers.

If I will for example click on the selected person in the workers tab of the selected building they will immediately go right back to the same building or go to a random place.

Since version 1.0 they should go to the next building which needs this worker. If they go back there is probably no other building which needs this worker?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Gumaa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-08-24, 22:29

Since version 1.0 they should go to the next building which needs this worker. If they go back there is probably no other building which needs this worker?

There is definitely not the case. Usually the first worker I will try to send elsewhere is coming back to the same building and only when I start spamming button for every worker only then they start to leave for good. I can maybe record a gameplay of that if I will have a chance.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-08-25, 08:45

Funnily i had this situation in my last tournament match. But not in the last two years.

The corresponding bug report was fixed with a time related quickfix. I'll reopen the bug report.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-08-25, 16:18

Gumaa wrote:

I have a problem with soldiers and miners. I want to direct them to a different place (either send miners to a different mine or send specific soldiers to training), but I don't know how to decide where they will go.

For miners in works very good imo, for soldiers especially in trainingssites we have the problem, that no matter what i do always the wrong soldiers goes to the trainingscamp. Even if the right one is coming, the sites do an auto and again it is wrong. We havent had this problem till 1.1

For example: sword 4 is missing at the trainingssite, then the algorithm in newer versions always sends exactly this and only this soldier to the traimingssite, that needs an upgrade in sword 4 it kind of makes the game sometimes unplayable, especially when your low on different ressources which is a bad thing compared to all the intelligent algorithms in widelands.

Top Quote