Latest Posts

Topic: Tournament 2022

the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-19, 19:01

Sure, i matched today for the widelands game :- ) - 6 players is fine, 8 would be optimal

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 00:12

Well I just dropped off the fifth and last time! face-grin.png My PC hang up itself or so, don't know! :-D But thank you for your patience! Please go on to play by yourselves! face-smile.png I was even weaker than in the tournament, as I didn't recognize that at the third start attempt (the first successful one) I automatically got Amazons alloted to, which I'm not familiar to, and when I saw that I forgot to change it again to Barbarians, it was too late! face-grin.png

But, however, a veeeeeery interesting gameplay of all other players, an intensive testing of the new diplomacy function (how many alliance changes where there? 50 or so? face-shock.png ), and a very exciting game at all! face-smile.png

Plus, maybe a new record for a widelands multiplayer game: 7 human participants (hessenfarmer, Nordfriese, kaputtnik, Hasi50, the-x,, Magenta, and me).

I am curious, which team or which player will win in the end! face-smile.png (Maybe someone could post a savegame-replay after its end?)

And I'm even looking forward to one of the next Saturday evenings, where we maybe could all meet again to play together the next game! :-) I'm thankful to all participants of today's game and I feel joy to see you next time again! face-smile.png

Maybe we can try to meet again on next Saturday evening (that would be Saturday the 26th of November) ? We could again update our playtime schedulers each to find a next game date/time.

(Maybe we could think about playing the same map but in its 16-player-varaint to fill the empty spots with AIs we could ally with or fight against, to see how AIs react diplomatically with humans or each other - but we could do this (I mean, if we want to do this, of course) on another map also, if another map is wished to play.)

Edited: 2022-11-20, 00:24

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 00:21

What a game.... in the end we where seven players, and teams where exchanged a lot. This made it hard to for me to follow who is now in which team, but maybe i am am too old for such things face-wink.png In the end the best players made a team and, of course, won the game.

It would be really nice if teams can exchange wares and workers (soldiers). But i guess this would never be possible?

Thanks to all players, hessenfarmer for organizing this, and to Nordfriese who made so much changes to make this game more challenging! Many thanks!

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 00:30

kaputtnik, I think a trading system is under development yet - but e.g. Nordfriese knows far better than me, I think! face-smile.png

But who won? Please tell! face-grin.png Blue team? Red team? Which were the winning players?

Edited: 2022-11-20, 00:31

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 00:51

Update: After kaputtnik dropped out, Team Red (the-x and Nordfriese) declared ourselves joint winners of the Battle Royale. However for the fun of it we continued playing with the-x and me fighting each other (with the AI that replaced Seefahrer choosing to be my ally), which is still ongoing. We'll continue playing on Sunday or Monday evening (exact time TBA, spectators welcome).

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 00:53

This was a really amazing game, and without exaggeration the most exciting Widelands match I ever played or witnessed. Many thanks to hessenfarmer for organizing and to everyone who participated!

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 01:20

Anyone willing to upload replays?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 01:21

Yes, this was an amazing game. Widelands is inredible in Multiplayer :- ) I say that for weeks but noone believes me. As my ally from the start, Nordfriese needed help i travelled nearly the whole map and so we decided to declare a Team Victory, the game ended with a total Landmass of

1. The-x 15.704
  2. Hessenfarmer 3.691
  3. Nordfriese 3.480

Winning Team: Nordfriese & the-x

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 01:25

Replays

Unfortunately the replays can desync due to a bug that will be fixed in #5609

Edited: 2022-11-20, 12:40

Attachment:
BattleRoyale.zip (3.7 MB)

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-20, 01:35

Nordfriese wrote:

This was a really amazing game, and without exaggeration the most exciting Widelands match I ever played or witnessed. Many thanks to hessenfarmer for organizing and to everyone who participated!

This was also one of my Top Games i have ever played, Nordfriese and me decided to continue our game at Sunday evening, depending on plans 20:00 - Spectators Welcome - and if one doesnt have time then its Monday 16:00

Great Game ; -)

Seefahrer wrote:

And I'm even looking forward to one of the next Saturday evenings, where we maybe could all meet again to play together the next game! :-) I'm thankful to all participants of today's game and I feel joy to see you next time again! :-)

This is a great Idea, i will just give you my Times in the Playtime Scheduler. I just designed a natural Map for this case with incredible Details to find out (Waterfalls, strategic Terrain) i played this map in singleplayer and cant wait to share it with the communinty

Maybe we can try to meet again on next Saturday evening (that would be Saturday the 26th of November) ? We could again update our playtime schedulers each to find a next game date/time.

Saturday fits nice, or Friday (Wednesdays)

Top Quote