Latest Posts

Topic: Reindeer Farm Help

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-03-23, 06:16

It needs to explicitly say that meat production is turned off when fur is not produced. I've been playing the frisians so far by making a reindeer farm, farm and well to support each smokery and wondered why it worked so badly. Now I realize I have to set fur prod to infinite.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-03-23, 08:33

The note in the helptexts say that it is producing 1 meat after having produced 3 fur. This does mean if no fur is produced no meat will be produced. In any case meat is only a byproduct of fur production and by this far too expensive to build an economy on it. The renewable food source of the frisians is fish from aqua farms.

Top Quote
Lathund
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2022-04-03, 18:16

As a newbie, I've wondered the very same thing. This is very unclear and imho one shouldn't have to dig through help files to find out something like that. I think it would be better if this is explained in-game, be it when the reindeer farm is introduced or when the aqua farms are.

My workaround has been to produce craptons of fur, but I didn't realise I was paying 3 grain for a meat.

Top Quote
arch_stanton
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-04-07, 09:32

Lathund wrote:

As a newbie, I've wondered the very same thing. This is very unclear and imho one shouldn't have to dig through help files to find out something like that. I think it would be better if this is explained in-game, be it when the reindeer farm is introduced or when the aqua farms are.

Agreed. I've been playing the Barbarians for a few weeks. I just tried the Atlanteans and found I now need to look up most things again in the encyclopedia.

Top Quote
arch_stanton
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-04-07, 22:16

I opened a ticket related to this: When showing construction cost of a building, also show what it provides

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-04-08, 17:28

Lathund wrote:

As a newbie, I've wondered the very same thing. This is very unclear and imho one shouldn't have to dig through help files to find out something like that. I think it would be better if this is explained in-game, be it when the reindeer farm is introduced

I think the part that meat is just a rare by-product of the reindeer farm is explained in the Frisian campaign.

edit2: The fishbreeder part is also explained in the second scenario of the Frisian campaign.

Edited: 2022-04-09, 00:12

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-04-08, 17:32

arch_stanton wrote:

I opened a ticket related to this: When showing construction cost of a building, also show what it provides

But that actually will still give the wrong idea that the reindeer farm produces meat.

Top Quote