Latest Posts

Topic: help resetting game resolution for Raspberry Pi 3

NephilimKing
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 20:45

Hey all, I recently got a Raspberry Pi 3 and was hype cause I could download Widelands on it. I played on windows here and there when I was younger so I was hype. I was getting it set up and accidentally set the screen size to the biggest like a dumby smh. I was trying to look around to see how I could reset the resolution, saw that something could be done through the config in cmd but haven't found clear directions. Tried uninstalling and re installing and the res size didn't reset. Can someone tell me what the cmd is so I can change the res to 800x600 or something that will be playable?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 21:15

Hi NephilimKing and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

When you start Widelands from the command line you can use the parameters --xres and --yres to specify any resolution, e.g. for 800×600:

./widelands --fullscreen=false --xres=800 --yres=600

Alternatively it is possible to edit the config file which Widelands automatically creates (the location is OS-dependent, e.g. ~/.widelands/config) and change the values for xres and yres there.

Top Quote
NephilimKing
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 21:32

Nordfriese wrote:

Hi NephilimKing and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

When you start Widelands from the command line you can use the parameters --xres and --yres to specify any resolution, e.g. for 800×600: ./widelands --fullscreen=false --xres=800 --yres=600

Alternatively it is possible to edit the config file which Widelands automatically creates (the location is OS-dependent, e.g. ~/.widelands/config) and change the values for xres and yres there.

Thank you so much! QQ it's back to normal and not lagging horribly. Any tips for making it run smoother? I'm running my Pi through an Onn. RokuTV. It's about 36 inches or so.

Top Quote