Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Some improvement suggestions for build 20.1

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-17, 22:27

ok I will have a look I already made an own trial with b19 AI and I jave to admit there are some areas which seemed to be better in the past. However I'd like you to try a recent build from our development and evaluate AI again as there has been some fixes for the AI again since release of build 20. If you tell me your OS I can provide instructions for getting a build

Top Quote
Solstice_s_Return
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-02-18, 09:41

I'm going to install today the newest Manjaro Linux to one of my computers. I guess it would be best suited for using development builds as it is based on Arch. Another machine runs on Sparkylinux which is based on Debian.

Edited: 2020-02-18, 09:43

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-18, 10:22

okay I believe it doesn't really matter which linux you have, only the commands to use to install dependencies might differ due to different package managment systems.
However on linux you currently have 2 options to test dev builds:

1. option is to use the flatpaks provided irregularly as beta. To use this please follow the instrucions on the first page here on our homepage. Problem is that they get updated only every other week and so might not contain the newest master and you can't use any branches before they get into master.
  2. option is to build any version you like for yourself. for this follow the instruction here. be sure to use the rigth instructions for your distro. the source code can be either cloned via git (recommendable if you wan't to contribute or experiment with the source code - just make sure to use your own fork) or simply downloaded as a zipped package from github.com/widelands/widelands

Especially for the second option if you have any problems just ask here in the forums (preferably in a new thread then)

hope this helps.

Top Quote