Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Solution proposals for maritime shipping problems

Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-05, 20:13

Had a quick look at the code. When the economy doesn't have enough tools it creates request in warehouses for these tools. The tools are then brought to the requesting warehouses. Warehouses are iterated in order of their creation, this should be fixed.

(Code is in Economy::create_requested_worker, lines 842 and 887 need replacing with a vector of warehouses sorted by distance to the site that needs a worker)

Edit: This is not trivial, because the economy batch-creates as many workers of a type as needed and possible

Edited: 2020-02-05, 20:15

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-02-05, 23:34

Question (king):
You have two colonies, connected only overseas, right? An old one with HQ + port and a newer one with toolsmith + port? You have set the warehouses in the old colony to zero storage for tools both, allowing tools only in the port near the toolsmith.
Did you have a look into the economy demans window? Can you set independent values for both colonies and if so, can you solve the problem by that?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-06, 10:36

JanO wrote:

Question (king):
You have two colonies, connected only overseas, right? An old one with HQ + port and a newer one with toolsmith + port? You have set the warehouses in the old colony to zero storage for tools both, allowing tools only in the port near the toolsmith.
Did you have a look into the economy demans window? Can you set independent values for both colonies and if so, can you solve the problem by that?

If this would be possible I would rate it as a bug as Colonies connected by ports should be in the same economy.

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-02-06, 12:43

That's why I ask. I know that once I could set the demands on different islands individually, but I don't remember if I had ships there (should so, otherwise I would not have had settlements on different islands). But that was probably b18 or something.

Top Quote