Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-23, 15:35

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi Tibor, Good to see you on board. However we should only begin to make AI compatible with Amazons after they are somewhat stable, as we did with frisians. As Amazons are very different in comparison to other tribes Iwe need to think about proper setting of the Ai hints for the buildings anyway. But this is still very far away.
For the treetop sentry we could allow the AI to build it togther with the tree (Ai could use that bit of cheat as it cheats in other regions anyway)

We could also tell AI to not build treetop sentries. Shouldn't make much difference.


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-23, 15:54

hessenfarmer wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I am uncertain if I should edit the list I made a page ago or copy it new

Best for me in implementation would be a complete Summary of the actual discussion in the first post. face-smile.png

Done. I also fixed the gold cost of training sites and the stone bowl for miners.

I have decided to leave forester and rare trees planter as separate buildings, because i didn't want the wood economy to become completely interchangeable to the point that one can promote all buildings.


Top Quote
Tibor
Joined: 2009-03-23, 23:24
Posts: 1249
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Slovakia
Posted at: 2019-08-23, 16:25

king_of_nowhere wrote:

We could also tell AI to not build treetop sentries. Shouldn't make much difference.

Can be, but it will be big disadvantage for AI when expanding an territory. F.e. when crossing big forested areas...

By the way, treetop building will still need a road to it, so you cannot build them in unconnetable terrain like dense forest...


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-23, 16:56

Tibor wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

We could also tell AI to not build treetop sentries. Shouldn't make much difference.

Can be, but it will be big disadvantage for AI when expanding an territory. F.e. when crossing big forested areas...

I wouldn't call it a big disadvantage. how many maps are there where you have to cross a forest that's just dense enough that you can make roads through it, but not buildings? I see the main advantage as reduced time and buildcost more than anything else.

By the way, treetop building will still need a road to it, so you cannot build them in unconnetable terrain like dense forest...

yes. I wanted them to be an advantage, but not too strong.


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 735
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 09:19

Hi,
while implementing the lua stuff I found some issues which I like to discuss.
1. The cahrcoal burner delivers 3 wood on dismantle while needing only 2 to construct. that is illogical andI chnaged that to returning 2 stone 1 wood.
2. currently the ropeweaver has no tool requirment. I would like to have a liana cutter in that building to make the ropes.
3. I would change the gold cost of the training sites to 2 gld for the medium building and 3 gold to the big one.
4. Currently a recruit costs 1 cassava and 1 meat/fish and 1 rope and 1 rubber and 1 ironwood. I think we should skip cassava here for 2 reasons: cassav can't be eaten without beeing leached and it might be too expensive.
5. As the ships shall be canoe like we could make them cheaper perhaps with only half the capacity of the other tribes ships.

I am planning to finish my work tonight and give the whole thing a try with Nordfrieses Branch

Edited: 2019-08-27, 09:25

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 13:50

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi,
while implementing the lua stuff I found some issues which I like to discuss.
1. The cahrcoal burner delivers 3 wood on dismantle while needing only 2 to construct. that is illogical andI chnaged that to returning 2 stone 1 wood.

that's a typo from me. i intended it to be 3 stones

  1. currently the ropeweaver has no tool requirment. I would like to have a liana cutter in that building to make the ropes.

why would making ropes require a machete?

  1. I would change the gold cost of the training sites to 2 gld for the medium building and 3 gold to the big one.

that way, if amazonians get 4 starting gold like everyone else, they won't be able to make all their training sites without a gold mine. atlanteans can. i don't see a reason for that nerf until some playtesting is done

  1. Currently a recruit costs 1 cassava and 1 meat/fish and 1 rope and 1 rubber and 1 ironwood. I think we should skip cassava here for 2 reasons: cassav can't be eaten without beeing leached and it might be too expensive.

it's cassava bread (i may have typoed this one too), and I included it for a specific reason: any other tribe requires metal to make a soldier. amazonians don't. with the exception of barbarian, all other tribes require some farm produce to make a new soldier, so I saw fit to include one

  1. As the ships shall be canoe like we could make them cheaper perhaps with only half the capacity of the other tribes ships.

if that won't mess up with making an expedition, why not?

I am planning to finish my work tonight and give the whole thing a try with Nordfrieses Branch

will you make it available? I am curious to try my creature

Edited: 2019-08-27, 13:50

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 735
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 16:49

king_of_nowhere wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi,
while implementing the lua stuff I found some issues which I like to discuss.
1. The cahrcoal burner delivers 3 wood on dismantle while needing only 2 to construct. that is illogical andI chnaged that to returning 2 stone 1 wood.

that's a typo from me. i intended it to be 3 stones

ok will do it this way.

  1. currently the ropeweaver has no tool requirment. I would like to have a liana cutter in that building to make the ropes.

why would making ropes require a machete?

to cut them to the corecct length and to make splices.

  1. I would change the gold cost of the training sites to 2 gld for the medium building and 3 gold to the big one.

that way, if amazonians get 4 starting gold like everyone else, they won't be able to make all their training sites without a gold mine. atlanteans can. i don't see a reason for that nerf until some playtesting is done

oops sorry I meant 1 and 3 typo from my side.

  1. Currently a recruit costs 1 cassava and 1 meat/fish and 1 rope and 1 rubber and 1 ironwood. I think we should skip cassava here for 2 reasons: cassav can't be eaten without beeing leached and it might be too expensive.

it's cassava bread (i may have typoed this one too), and I included it for a specific reason: any other tribe requires metal to make a soldier. amazonians don't. with the exception of barbarian, all other tribes require some farm produce to make a new soldier, so I saw fit to include one

ok bread makes sense (however I called it bread_amazones for the scripting and in the game it will be only bread as for the other tribes.

  1. As the ships shall be canoe like we could make them cheaper perhaps with only half the capacity of the other tribes ships.

if that won't mess up with making an expedition, why not?

Ok I'll make it fit to exactly one expedition and adopt the buildcosts acccordingly ( we could decide after playtest then)

I am planning to finish my work tonight and give the whole thing a try with Nordfrieses Branch

will you make it available? I am curious to try my creature

as soon as I am sure it works without scripting errors ( which is not probable for tonight but we will see)


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 17:40

hessenfarmer wrote:

  1. currently the ropeweaver has no tool requirment. I would like to have a liana cutter in that building to make the ropes.

why would making ropes require a machete?

to cut them to the corecct length and to make splices.

your argument is sound. go ahead

  1. I would change the gold cost of the training sites to 2 gld for the medium building and 3 gold to the big one.

that way, if amazonians get 4 starting gold like everyone else, they won't be able to make all their training sites without a gold mine. atlanteans can. i don't see a reason for that nerf until some playtesting is done

oops sorry I meant 1 and 3 typo from my side.

ok,doesn't make a signifficant difference that way

EDIT: I updated the ffront page, including scaling down the cost of boats.

Worth noting that 90% of the times a boat isn't required to carry many wares, so having many more boats with less cargo capacity is an advantage. To avoid this, I made a small change in cost, so it won't be a balance problem in the game

Edited: 2019-08-27, 20:42

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 479
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 21:04

As the ships shall be canoe like we could make them cheaper perhaps with only half the capacity of the other tribes ships.

if that won't mess up with making an expedition, why not?

Ok I'll make it fit to exactly one expedition and adopt the buildcosts acccordingly ( we could decide after playtest then)

I have a branch under development about configurable expeditions, making the expedition just fit will then be a real disadvantage. I would vote to have the same ship capacity as all other tribes.

How about making the amazon "ship" look like a fleet of ~4 canoes?


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1423
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-27, 21:38

Nordfriese wrote:

I have a branch under development about configurable expeditions, making the expedition just fit will then be a real disadvantage. I would vote to have the same ship capacity as all other tribes.

How about making the amazon "ship" look like a fleet of ~4 canoes?

good idea. I change back the cost then


Top Quote