Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: MacOSX build file

ken.cunningham.webuse
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-06-11, 07:39

Thanks for the message. I've updated the devel version in the port to 8377, and adjusted the dependencies as you suggest. I also added options to build it using glbinding instead of glew. This required supporting ports for glbinding and cpplocate to support that.

As MacPorts can be slow to bring in new ports, to make that easy to use, these three ports are all in a group now. You can download the git group and use them altogether as a repo, and use them as mentioned above. Hopefully these will all make it into macports soon so no tricks will be needed anymore.

The group can be obtained like this "git clone https://github.com/kencu/macports-staging.git"

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-11, 09:19

I do not get it:

sh-3.2# pwd /Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/ports/macports-staging/games/widelands sh-3.2# port variants widelands has the variants: debug: Enable debug binaries universal: Build for multiple architectures useglbinding: use glbinding instead of glew for OpenGL bindings

I re(build) a r19 witht that portfile, but hwo doe I get it to build r20 / -devel?

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
ken.cunningham.webuse
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-06-11, 16:05

I apologize for changing how it worked - the MacPorts devs insisted it be this way. They require the devel version of a port to be integrated into the same portfile as the release. so we have to do this dance. But you're almost there! Two simple steps.

Step 1 - Do this: cd /Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/ports/macports-staging sudo portindex

Step 2 - Edit this file: sudo vi /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

And add this to the bottom:

file:///Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/ports/macports-staging

Just above the last line that is already there: rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

Done.

now, all the new ports in the macports-staging repository will be available to you (and will shadow any older ports with the same name in macports, by the way), so do this:

sudo port -v install widelands-devel

Please let me know if this is not clear or not working for you. I can regenerate a stand-alone widelands-devel portfile easily enough.

Top Quote
ken.cunningham.webuse
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-06-11, 16:41

AHA - easier way! The macports devs tell me you can do the following from the portfile folder as you used to do before:

cd /Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/ports/macports-staging/games/widelands

sudo port -v install subport=widelands-devel

Top Quote
Hasi50
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-12, 12:47

Ahh, now I used the "hard" way, and it compiles as expected, thx. So I think we are done, on OSX, must do other cleanups in https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1697192

thx

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
ken.cunningham.webuse
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-06-13, 02:52

Hasi50, there is one final thing to mention.

The MacPorts devs require a specific revision to be specified for the devel port - they don't allow a "tip" or "head" version, which is really too bad, I think, but I understand the "reproducible builds" philosophy they hold to. So I have to update the widelands-devel port from time to time to specifiy the latest revision.

You might find this is not what you want. I have placed a spot in the widelands portfile to override this behaviour to again get the tip of the devel tree.

If you want to build the latest commit, then edit the Portfile, which is in your case /Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/ports/macports-staging/games/widelands/Portfile

and change this

# comment out for HEAD
bzr.revision        8377

to this

# comment out for HEAD
# bzr.revision        8377

and with no specified revision, you will then get the TIP of the bzr commit history rather than the revision I have specified (8377, in this case).

Thanks for all your work on widelands!

K

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-13, 07:12

Thanks for the port!

When you're done, I think we should have it linked up on https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/Download/#mac-os-x_1

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
ken.cunningham.webuse
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-06-26, 07:44

OK, good news. The up to date portfile has been accepted into macports. So if you update to the current portfile distribution, you now have three options.

To get the latest release version, do this:

sudo port -v install widelands

To get the last devel version I've tested, do this:

sudo port -v install widelands-devel

and to build the untested tip of the bzr commit tree, do this:

sudo port uninstall widelands-devel
sudo port -v install widelands-devel +HEAD

Note that on that last +HEAD version, the listed date of the port when you check with port info or port -v installed will not necessarily be accurate. You have to uninstall or deactivate the widelands-devel version before you install the new +HEAD version to make sure you have the latest tip of the tree, as macports cannot know what the tip of the bzr tree is for a +HEAD version.

Thanks to all the macports devs who made an exception to their usual rules for this for the widelands beta testers and devs.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-26, 10:07

Thanks! I have added the info to our downloads page https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/Download/#macports

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Hasi50
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-04-21, 19:54

Looks like the current Portfile is outdatef, it has problems compiling some boost code. I will try to dig into this perhaps tomorrow

Top Quote