Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: List of ships

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 17:57

Only while it's unloading. After that, it switches to Idle and is already available for transporting stuff again while the port is being built.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 18:03

Great work! I like this window statistics. All is clear now!

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 18:04

I am not thinking of adding a rename edit field as well.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 18:41

fuchur wrote:

A question to the status: Is "Founding a colony" only valid while the ship is unloading the goods for the new port, or is it also the valid status while the new port is being build?

GunChleoc wrote:

Only while it's unloading. After that, it switches to Idle and is already available for transporting stuff again while the port is being built.

I think "Founding a colony" isn't needed then, because the time is too short to filter by this. This window shows the current status of a ship, doesn't it? If so, are the status messages updated if a ship turns from e.g. Idle to Shipping?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 19:40

kaputtnik wrote:

I think "Founding a colony" isn't needed then, because the time is too short to filter by this. This window shows the current status of a ship, doesn't it? If so, are the status messages updated if a ship turns from e.g. Idle to Shipping?

Just answer the question myself (compiled and playing the branch): The status is always updated face-smile.png

So "Founding a colony" isn't needed.

Double clicking on an entry in the list moves the map to the position of ship -> Very nice

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 20:46

I'll remove the filter button for "Founding a colony" then. The status is still there anyway because it's generated by the ship, but I guess it isn't interesting enough to have a button.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
fuchur

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 20:59

GunChleoc wrote:

I am not thinking of adding a rename edit field as well.

I don't think that is really necessary. The idea of renaming ships is quite old. When I created the bug report I thought to assign pure numbers to the ships, with the ability to change it to a user defined name. In the meantime the game developed and a new ship already gets a nice name assigned. And as the user can't select certain ships for certain jobs names like "Expedition 1" or so don't make sense. Personally I wouldn't have thought of better names than the ones currently used.

By the way I assume the list of possible names is not infinite ( face-wink.png ). What happens if more ships are build than names are available? Are they repeated with a number added?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-24, 09:46

When the list is exhausted, they are just called "Ship", no number added.

I have been playing with a separate naming branch, so I could work on adding a number there.

Renaming ships is definitely not needed for gameplay - it would be some fun for those who enjoy naming things. So, I'll definitely leave this for later.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-25, 11:31

New screenshot with improved icons. I have also made the buttons dark in order to be consistent with the message window. I am still not happy with the anchor icon, but it's the best that I can do for now. I have uploaded the image source files to our media repository in case somebody wants to have a go at this. The images is data/images/wui/ship/ship_construct_port_space.png in Widelands.

New screenshot

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-25, 20:04

What do think of a grayish 'port space found' icon:

grayish port space