Topic: Landing Platform for Ships

flipflipsen

Topic Opener
Version: 1.2
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2013-10-18, 09:02

Hi,

Now seafaring is working very well, i have a suggestion. You can make big maps, with a lot of islands, to explore.

Suppose, there are a few small islands with resources (gold, iron, coal, stone), you have to build a port, to be able mine those resources. I think, that if you could build a landing platform, were ships just can load or unload, you do not need to build a port.

The landing platform than can not store more goods than a ordinary flag. So, mining is slow, because if the maximum number of goods is at the flag, everything have to wait until a ship is loading those goods, after that there is again place at the flags.

For example, the map Wasserwege consists of 17 islands, with a couple of small islands with resources.

https://wl.widelands.org/maps/wasserwege/

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-10-18, 10:33

I see very little reason making seafaring even more complex than it currently is. I therefore am not a fan of this proposal.

Top Quote
Felix_Atagong
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-10-18, 13:08

Neither do I, the port already acts like a combination of a port, a warehouse and a military building (although that aspect should be enhanced a bit, IMO) so it combines three buildings in one.

Top Quote