Latest Posts

Topic: How to upgrade buildings ??

Tyrell
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-08-28, 18:56

Hi, I'm new to Widelands, though i did play Settlers 1 very much a long time ago ...

I am playing my first random map with the current game version: 0.17.0.1

I don't know how to upgrade my mines - one of them just ran out of ressources. I read that there should be an upgrade button somewhere, but i cannot find any. also the worker-tab of the mine-window looks different than i'd expect. the mine has been working for long now, but there is no entry under 'experience'.

it looks somewhat like this (i am using a german client)

WORKERS___EXP_ _NEXT LEVEL

MINER..............---. .. .. ..---

below are 5 buttons for: - stop - destroy - dismantle - show area - center

no other buttons anywhere - also not on the other tab.

I'd appreciate any help here.

thank you for your time.

Edited: 2013-08-28, 19:00

'Do or do not - there is no 'try' !' (Yoda)

Top Quote
Felix_Atagong
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-08-28, 20:16

Only Barbarians can upgrade mines and this is only necessary when the lower type mine is empty... See an example here: https://wl.widelands.org/encyclopedia/barbarians/buildings/deep_oremine/

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-08-28, 20:28

Felix_Atagong wrote:

Only Barbarians can upgrade mines and this is only necessary when the lower type mine is empty... See an example here: https://wl.widelands.org/encyclopedia/barbarians/buildings/deep_oremine/

Nearly correct :).

There are three playable tribes at the moment: The Barbarians, the Empire and the Atlanteans. (Because of the "how far developed is this tribe?" idea,) Atlanteans have excelent mines. Their mines can dig up all resources and are not upgradeable. The imperial mines must be upgraded once to dig up all resources below the mine and barbarians must be upgraded two times for full resource exploitation.

Seems you play the Atlanteans - therefore, your mines are not upgradeable and you may destroy or dismantle them.

Top Quote
Tyrell
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-08-28, 21:39

i see - thank you.

so the atlanteans cannot / need not upgrade ANY kind of building ?

are the atlanteans superior in any respect (and therefore easier to play) ?

'Do or do not - there is no 'try' !' (Yoda)

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-08-29, 17:00

The Atlanteans can only upgrade their tower to a high tower, but that is not necessary. The Atlanteans are designed to be a technologically advanced tribe, therefore they buld "perfect" mines from the beginning.

However, all three tribes are balanced and should have equal chances (in general, it can vary in special situation). Difficulties in the Atlantean economy are a big need of wood (due to the smokeries), a need of much space (for two different kind of farms) and the problem that they can easily run out of fish if there are not enough breeders. Nevertheless, they are my favorite tribe. A big advantage is that they do not need to enhance their mines (and therefore no tavern, too) and that their mines have a bigger range.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
simplypeachy

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2013-08-31, 21:53

The working area and depth of Atlantean mines terrifies me. That tribe is like a machine!

WARNING: New-style view packet not found. There may be strange effects regarding unseen areas.
_aD on IRC

Top Quote