Latest Posts

Topic: Expedition and colonization

Nasenbaer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 14:39

Hey everybody,

I just merged the seafaring branch into trunk. This brings basic expedition and colonization functionality to Widelands. Everyone is welcome to test it, so we can find and fix bugs in it as soon as possible face-smile.png

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 17:20

Windows build available: http://widelands.8-schuss.de/Widelands-bzr6581-nomusic-win32.exe

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-16, 18:23

Great -- will test out next Days! face-smile.png

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-06-16, 18:53

I have tried it out today. It is really a great fun to make the ships sail to new coast and build a colony there. This feature adds another interesting component to the game.

I have also found some bugs :), but they are just teething troubles. Have a look at Launchpad.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-16, 19:42

wl-zocker wrote:

I have tried it out today. It is really a great fun to make the ships sail to new coast and build a colony there. This feature adds another interesting component to the game.

I have also found some bugs :), but they are just teething troubles. Have a look at Launchpad.

thanks for testing and especially for bug reporting :)!

Top Quote
flipflipsen

Version: 1.2
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 11:17

Hi, I'm playing a few days now with seafairing. I modified some maps, so that there are real islands.

I love it to play with seafaring. I only misses a button to locate the ships. Now you have to search the map, to find out were the ships are.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 16:44

flipflipsen wrote:

Hi, I'm playing a few days now with seafairing. I modified some maps, so that there are real islands.

I love it to play with seafaring. I only misses a button to locate the ships. Now you have to search the map, to find out were the ships are.

In the long term it is planned to have a ships register - basically the current ship window, but with "previous" and "next" button - the "go to" button is already present in the ships window, so you can use that one, if you keep the window open or make them small

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 18:17

wl-zocker wrote:

I just committed a whole bunch of bug fixes. You were very active in submitting the bugs to the tracker. Thank you :)!

Still some bugs to go ;)...

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 21:50

Nasenbaer wrote:

wl-zocker wrote:

I just committed a whole bunch of bug fixes. You were very active in submitting the bugs to the tracker. Thank you :)!

Still some bugs to go ;)...

You're welcome ;). I was very curious about the new feature, so I did what I could. As soon as I have some time (and Tino provides the new builds on his page), I will happily search for more bugs :).

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-20, 07:03

I am missing some way to destroy (burn?) ships if you have accidentally left WL running in the background and forgot to turn off the shipyard.... face-smile.png
I have too many ships now cluttering up my ocean!

Another point coming to my mind is if we should allow a naming (or numbering) of individual ships and show their names in their windows to make them identifiable. I know we don't have this for production sites neither, but for moving objects it may be even more welcome.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote