Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: make road "refactoring" easier

freem

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-07-05, 21:14

Currently, in widelands, when you remove a flag, roads are also removed. I do not know for you, but I often modify my roads, by example when I remove small, useless, military buildings. I also often remove carriers or woodcutters. And link roads together when a better path appeared after a tree is put down. And each time, my settlers need to go back home to go back.

The use of allowing to remove flag without removing roads would be to allow easier work when "refactoring" roads.

I guess the problem would be which settler should go back home in such case... I think the settler which is the nearer of a warehouse should go back. Or a random one, if it is needed to avoid complex calculations.

Settlers was also able to merge close roads (when you have two roads close, and one of them have a flag, you have an option on the flag to drag the road which is not connected to it), but I think this would be hard to implement and its use is rare often to make me think it is not very important, but removing flag would really help a lot.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-07-06, 09:05

There was a discussion a while ago: http://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/675/

I think it’s better to make further comments there. face-smile.png

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote