Latest Posts

Topic: better management to military and a research center

beer

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-06-06, 11:31

I would start to say a big thank you for one of the best Open source games.

After been playing v17 for the whole weekend I have some suggestions for you.

1: After I have started training my solides I would like to easly put the train soldie in the building close to the fronline/enemy. Eg when the first train solide has been train he should replace a weaker soldiers at the fron line.

2: An option that enables me to say that military building within reach of enemy should bee 100 % full, and the rest should be minimized (maybe gradually minimized. Maybe 50% when they are nearly close to enemyline)

Those to suggestion would come ine handy when playing large maps.

Idear number 3 might be a bid out of line of the wideland design goals but I think it can put another interresting aspect to widelands and therefore at least be discussed.

3: build a research center that enable the player to research stuff. That could be: 3.1 enable 1,2 og 3 donkeyes on the road. 3.2 enable upgradeing buildings so they have larger stock. example so I could upgrade my smokeryhttp://wl.widelands.org/help/atlanteans/buildings/smokery/ to have a stock on 6 fish instead of 4. ( I am annoyed that it is so easely emty so a larger stock would be nice anyway). 3.3: enable upgrade buildings for larger working area. It could be woodcutter, farms, mines etc. This is just some idears and there plenty more. I am not sure though it fits to the widelands design.

PS sorry for my poor english

Top Quote
Shevonar

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-06-06, 12:35

Hello beer and welcome to the Widelands Forums face-smile.png

Your first two ideas are a known problem and discussed a lot in this thread. Maybe you could join the discussion there.

Your third idea is something, that might come to Widelands in the far future and has been mentioned before. Currently the seafaring is in development as the next big feature for build18 followed by trade (maybe build19). These features are planned for a first "final" 1.0 version of Widelands. After that new features like research might be added to the game.

Thanks for sharing your ideas face-smile.png Widelands always tries to collect the best ideas and find a satisfying solution for all players.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-06-08, 09:09

I am also a big fan of the research idea ;). It is actually in my (old and outdated) plans for widelands which I have written some 5 years ago.

Top Quote