Latest Posts

Topic: Thoughts while playing Widelands again after some time

Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-03-13, 16:31

Iron can deal well at least at Computer-Opponents as I can "deal more economical with Steel-Products" as I waste lesser Soldiers and thus have enough Steel but I remind few Maps I got really tight Iron and indeed I like that WarFace is really expensive as that it is indeed. I don't understand how it's possible to create ... Steel for 1000 Tanks with few IronWorks but I wonder if ther Deposits run out of Ore after Production of some Swords. Compared with Farming: I won't if there is just a single Tree with Apples but I wonder more if a single Farmer can harvest from 1000 Trees. That means: more Trees but smaller Harvest resp for Steel more Resouces but smaller OutPut of Iron. Btw. Conversion of Wood for CharCoal should go 3:1 3 Wood to 1 CharCoal. That's a Value from Reality.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-10-03, 08:13

If you don't like the amount of iron typically on maps, and, like me don't like the iron/gold balance, you might want to try my map "Lesser Ring" (see https://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/981/). It is an IMO well-balanced, but interesting design. It makes gold relatively rare compared to other resources.

Philipp

Top Quote