Latest Posts

Topic: 'Eject' goods and workers

Alazair

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-10-13, 18:26

As for traffic jams and rerouting traffic to another (longer) road, I've come across what I would consider to be an issue. The example:

I have a line of roads going through a narrow map corridor, connecting to buildings on the way. That main line of roads has the beast of burden already and the whole line is jammed up because I just got to the end of the corridor and am constructing Fortresses on the opposite side from my Warehouses. To allieviate the burden, I create longer secondary roads that go around the buildings rather than just in front of them. The carriers get there and start taking wares from the flags. All is as expected so far... However, once the new carriers get there and start taking the wares from the flags, the carriers and beasts of burden on my main road stop doing anything... They decide that because there are others there, they can sit and watch the traffic jam get worse due to the fact that now all my wares are travelling on single carrier 3 section roads rather than double carrier 2 section roads.

Why does this happen and is there any way (other than demolishing the extra roads that are "supposed" to be traffic relief) to prevent it? Or is this a bug? If it only happened once, then I would have just assumed it was because of something specific with how I had everything placed, but this has occured on multiple occassions... Literally every time I get a traffic jam actually. And I've had my road layout quite different on every occasion that it has happened.

Top Quote