Latest Posts

Topic: statistics windows

devaster

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-08-31, 12:21

(1) very minor issue face-wink.png the new stock window is very broad. because i play in fullscreen and always have an open stock window i liked the old long and slim one better. it didnt take too much off the center of the screen.

(2) it would be nice to let the window manager handle all popup windows in windowed mode. this would also solve problem 1 in a very cool way :) and it would be possible to have a lot of statistics windows open without blocking too much of the view.

(3) maybe the opened windows and their positions could be part of a save game. so you dont have to open everything again every time you load.

(4) double clicking on a ware in the stock window could open the ware statistics window with the ware selected

Edited: 2012-08-31, 12:59

Top Quote
Shevonar

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-08-31, 13:31

Thanks for your suggestions face-smile.png

(1) That is a reasonable but personal opinion. So lets see what others think face-wink.png

(2) I don't really see an improvement when the window manager takes control of the ingame windows. This is very uncommon on Windows and in games in general. It also would not solve (1) since there is no scaling of the view. In a big window (fullscreen) you see more of the map than in windowed mode. It is the same whether the ingame windows hide a part of the map or this part is not shown because of too small window size.

(3) I think this was suggested some time ago. See bug #979952.

(4) I don't know if this feature is required. I think we need some more opinions on that. You could report it as a Wishlist "bug" on launchpad.

Top Quote
devaster

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-08-31, 14:43

(2) I don't really see an improvement when the window manager takes control of the ingame windows. This is very uncommon on Windows and in games in general.

its used in freeciv for example.

and it has some advantages. you can open a lot of ingame windows and have some of them hidden or half hidden behind your view window. or minimize them. toggle between them with your window manager and so on

It also would not solve (1) since there is no scaling of the view.

yeah right, a scaling functionality would be nice too face-wink.png

In a big window (fullscreen) you see more of the map than in windowed mode. It is the same whether the ingame windows hide a part of the map or this part is not shown because of too small window size.

yes, but if you already play in windowed mode it gives you more freedom on how to arrange your ingame windows.

(4) I don't know if this feature is required. I think we need some more opinions on that. You could report it as a Wishlist "bug" on launchpad.

ok, but i'll wait for some responses here in the forum first.

Top Quote
Shevonar

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-09-01, 17:32

I just had a look at freeciv and I don't really like the window behavior. That is just my opinion of course. The SDL version of freeciv uses a single window by the way. Since Widelands is also based on SDL I think it might be very difficult to realize a multi window view. Don't be disappointed but in my opinion it is not worth the effort.

Edited: 2012-09-01, 17:32

Top Quote