Latest Posts

Topic: Another Realm Addon

Kusy
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-05-22, 06:29

Hey there. I'm working on some visual addons and decided sharing some early progress wouldn't hurt.
I'm collectively calling the project Another Realm and currently my focus is on the art aspects of the game. I'll probably expand into gameplay at some unspecified point in the future but it's all worlds and themes for now.

My philosophy with this (at least at this point) is to add a separate package that doesn't cross over and blend with the base game art. Mostly because it would create a lot of mismatch.

It might not show much right now but I also want to lean way more into a fantasy setting. It's going to become more obvious once I get around to work on immovables and potentially tribes.
I'll probably release separate addons once I think I completed some immaginary milestone I have in mind, like having a complete world set, or a UI theme.
It's also a good way of learning how Widelands works when it comes to graphics, so I might have some general ideas or suggestions come to mind in the process (like that recent thread about point filtering and pixelart).

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2024-05-22, 06:55

wow, this is very impressive!!!!

Please go on face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Kusy
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-05-23, 04:54

Thank you! Currently working on a tree and foliage generator for Blender 4+ I'm also playing around with some half procedural tools to create buildings in blender that could be used with minimal 3d modeling skills, and possibly some ways to painlessly transition the current art repo to a usable version of blender but we'll see where and if that gets anywhere.

Top Quote