Latest Posts

Topic: New experimental tribe: Europeans

Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-03, 16:38

There is a warning:

Error rendering richtext: [/run/build/Widelands/src/graphic/image_io.h:33] Image not found: tribes/workers/europeans/soldier/health_level0.png

Probably because the image hierarchy was modified and the help text still references the old position.

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-03, 19:07

I'm trying the game, WOW, it feels so more complicated and fun, really great.

I already also noticed some problems:

1) Why would animal farms produce quartz? 2) If basic animal farm has plenty of water and just one wheat or one rye or one barney (just one in total of all the available 4+4+4) it will consume one water and that what/rye/barney unit but produces nothing. 3) If basic tavern has plenty of water and 2 flour but not meat and no fish, it will consume 2 what and 2 water but produce nothing.

Top Quote
MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 00:46

Kontorotsui wrote:

There is a warning:

Error rendering richtext: [/run/build/Widelands/src/graphic/image_io.h:33] Image not found: tribes/workers/europeans/soldier/health_level0.png

Probably because the image hierarchy was modified and the help text still references the old position.

I use master build from github with version 25878 and this error doesn't occur.

My widelands project: https://github.com/widelands/wl_addons_server/tree/master/addons/europeans_tribe.wad

Top Quote
MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 00:49

Kontorotsui wrote:

I'm trying the game, WOW, it feels so more complicated and fun, really great.

I already also noticed some problems:

1) Why would animal farms produce quartz? 2) If basic animal farm has plenty of water and just one wheat or one rye or one barney (just one in total of all the available 4+4+4) it will consume one water and that what/rye/barney unit but produces nothing. 3) If basic tavern has plenty of water and 2 flour but not meat and no fish, it will consume 2 what and 2 water but produce nothing.

1) Thats a dummy program, that is only for AI. Without this, the AI don't build animals farms in some wideland versions.

The other two errors, i have just to confirm.

My widelands project: https://github.com/widelands/wl_addons_server/tree/master/addons/europeans_tribe.wad

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 09:20

MarkMcWire wrote:

Kontorotsui wrote:

There is a warning:

I use master build from github with version 25878 and this error doesn't occur.

You're right, I updated to GIT258777 and it has disappeared.

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 09:28

> *MarkMcWire wrote:*
>
> > *Kontorotsui wrote:*
> >
> > I'm trying the game, WOW, it feels so more complicated and fun, really great.
> >
> > I already also noticed some problems:
> >
> > 1) Why would animal farms produce quartz?
> > 2) If basic animal farm has plenty of water and just one wheat or one rye or one barney (just one in total of all the available 4+4+4) it will consume one water and that what/rye/barney unit but produces nothing.
> > 3) If basic tavern has plenty of water and 2 flour but not meat and no fish, it will consume 2 what and 2 water but produce nothing.
>
> 1) Thats a dummy program, that is only for AI. Without this, the AI don't build animals farms in some wideland versions.
>
> The other two errors, i have just to confirm.

Here it is, image 1 is basic tavern filled with water and 2 flour.

Attachment:
widelands bug 1.jpg

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 09:38

Then the two flour and 2 water gets consumed.

Attachment:
widelands bug 2.jpg

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 09:38

And I cut the roads not to miss anything that goes out from the tavern, and nothing gets out after the work animation is completed.

Attachment:
widelands bug 3.jpg

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 09:44

Also, another matter, maybe I'm missing something, but after I send the geologist (nice that you have to make the recruitment center and train them first then equip with several tools), I found a place with crystals. They are supposed to be granite/marble/diamond/quartz resources, but I can build only iron/gold/coal mines, which make granite/marble/quartz/diamond as byproduct of ore. Now, that is fine, but since the resources in that are are only rock/crystal/marble, it shows as "main vein exhausted" and I get only the 2% chance to get something. I think this is not how it is supposed to work. There should a "pure" granite mine.

EDIT: ahhh I got it, it is the quarry that mines that. Nice! Really nice! Maybe you should explain more clearly in the encyclopedia entry, it does show the "rock" resource in the list, but it can be missed.

Edited: 2022-10-04, 10:02

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 18:40

I got another big trouble now.

The basic rangers stopped somehow to plant new trees. They have all the water in the hut so I don't know what happened, any clues?

Also, I could for emergency buy them in the market but I cannot build the Market, there is no option to build it, why?

Attachment:
widelands bug 4.jpg

Top Quote