Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Scenario "Along The River" question - SPOILER WARNING

Seefahrer
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-06-18, 12:59

Hello, I just started to play the add-on scenario "Along The River". (As I read of other forum members, I also really like it, and I think it is a good idea that it was decided to make the scenario officially part of the upcoming Widelands version, as I also read.) I now just have a little problem in playing it: I conquered the red AI player (no buildings left), as the "task window" told me to do. The next thing the task window told me to do was to build a harbour in the area that was formerly belonging to the red AI player. At first I wasn't able to find a place to build a harbour, but after scrapping a captured military building of the red AI player, there appeared a harbour-building-spot (just north of the borderland fortress of another AI player), and I build a harbour there. My problem is, that this emptied the task window - and no other tasks are there left remaining. Yes, of course, it is clear that I have to conquer the remaining AI players as well, but the thing is: When I conquered the red AI player, there was a message that told me not only to build the harbour, but which also said, that in the past my tribe had forgotten how to build ships BUT that maybe in the future when we have build a harbour, we will remember how to build ships. So I thought that when the harbour building was completed, the disabled shipyard building option would become enabled - but nothing happened at all to this. So I have a harbour but cannot use it because I am not able to build a shipyard. :-o Did I do something wrong? Or what do I have to do to enable the shipyard builind option? Do I first have to conquer another AI player? Maybe someone of you could give me a little hint? (As far as I see, I have in storage all materials a shipyard would need to be constructed and to build a ship.) Thank you!

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-06-18, 22:18

well, you need to progress to the east from your starting position there you should find a pirate sentry

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-06-19, 00:19

Aha! face-surprise.png Ok, I will try - thank you so much! face-smile.png Without your hint I would have went there only as the last step! face-grin.png

Retroactively also congratulations for your appointment as elder of scripting and thank you for all of your past, current, and future work! face-smile.png I also love slowly-playing, scenarios, new tribes! face-smile.png ( I have some ideas, but I have to think about them a bit a while, but I hope that one day or another I could work together with you, if you then also would want to. face-smile.png ) By the way, how come you're located in Bavaria, hessenfarmer? face-surprise.png face-wink.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-06-19, 00:33

Seefahrer wrote:

I also love slowly-playing, scenarios, new tribes! face-smile.png ( I have some ideas, but I have to think about them a bit a while, but I hope that one day or another I could work together with you, if you then also would want to. face-smile.png )

Sure everytime you want.

By the way, how come you're located in Bavaria, hessenfarmer? face-surprise.png face-wink.png

lonmg story, but mainly for reasons of work and love

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-06-19, 00:36

Seefahrer wrote:

I also love slowly-playing, scenarios, new tribes! face-smile.png ( I have some ideas, but I have to think about them a bit a while, but I hope that one day or another I could work together with you, if you then also would want to. face-smile.png )

Sure everytime you want.

By the way, how come you're located in Bavaria, hessenfarmer? face-surprise.png face-wink.png

long story, but mainly for reasons of work and love

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-06-25, 11:45

hessenfarmer wrote:

Seefahrer wrote:

Sure everytime you want.

Thank you.

long story, but mainly for reasons of work and love

Ah, that seems to be pretty good reasons, especially the last one, I think. face-smile.png

-

I went east as you said and I managed to cross the river [ how amazing it was to see what happened there, would have never expect that! face-surprise.png ]. I crushed into the grey player's HQ and so a new harbour-build-spot popped up. By now I have 3 harbours and now could build a fourth one, but I still cannot build a shipyard to build ships to use the harbours. face-surprise.png I wonder how long it will take to be able to sail the seas. face-surprise.png But ok, I will go on to conquer the grey player completely as the task window tells me, and by this I will run into another player I think my tower and scout told me...

That is such an amazing scenario, and there's so much left I still haven't seen! face-surprise.png

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-06-25, 12:27

Ok, I don't know how it happened, but somehow after 5 minutes back in the game, there suddenly was a message that now I can build a shipyard! face-smile.png

[ Shortly after that another message plopped up concerning a sudden event face-surprise.png for which I just need the shipyard, also. face-smile.png ]

Top Quote
fk
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2023-01-13, 16:59

I don't know whether this answers your questions because I don't have an updated version of Widelands. Port spaces are removed from maps on saving if the field node capabilities do not allow a port to be built on that location. For some reason these capabilities seem to chance during game time. In this case the missing port space should also be missing in the port spaces file in the top directory of the save game. Re-adding the missing port space to this file should help to circumvent the problem.

The map should contain these port spaces: 0="90 16" 1="138 21" 2="95 34" 3="55 38" 4="76 40" 5="141 60" 6="79 66" 7="135 89" 8="6 99" 9="89 100" 10="45 125"

Edited: 2023-01-13, 17:00

Top Quote