Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-23, 17:14

Started fixing the lua warnings / errors.
"needs_seafaring" was with the port. Pushed this already

Edit: the last "directory" and "basename" warnings were in amazons.lua. Fix is pushed

Edited: 2020-06-23, 17:30

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-11, 20:23

Is there a plan to publish some kind of "build21 plus amazons" ?

And what about the following ideas: Master woodcutters hut is enhancable to grandmaster woodcutters hut (can cut all trees)

Rare tree plantation is enhancable to Tree plantation (can plant all 4 types of trees, could need some eco settings for normal wood)

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-11, 23:24

WorldSavior wrote:

Is there a plan to publish some kind of "build21 plus amazons" ?

as long as the graphics are not finished, they will remain in their own branch, however all changes made in master branch will be incorported in there rather shortly.

And what about the following ideas: Master woodcutters hut is enhancable to grandmaster woodcutters hut (can cut all trees)

Rare tree plantation is enhancable to Tree plantation (can plant all 4 types of trees, could need some eco settings for normal wood)

I like the idea however It would need aditional graphics and I am not sure whether this fits with the character of the tribe. Maybe we should ask KoN about that.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-12, 08:30

How about uploading a zip file of the current state to Launchpad, with the changed and added files?

Edited: 2020-07-12, 08:30

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-12, 11:39

GunChleoc wrote:

How about uploading a zip file of the current state to Launchpad, with the changed and added files?

as we have windows builds available of the current state of the amazons (which we already play in tournament) and linux and mac user should be easily able to build their own package from git (by downloading the zip provided there) I see no real use to do so. especially as the amazons still get improvements and graphics regularly.

They are just not yet finished or even not mature enough to bring them out.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-12, 14:56

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I like the idea however It would need aditional graphics and I am not sure whether this fits with the character of the tribe. Maybe we should ask KoN about that.

i am neutral owards those options. although i am glad to hear that you can make normal woodcutters besides regular tree plantations, i still was thinking regular woodcutters would chop down rare woods and only give logs for it, so i still thought i had to keep different forests separated. much better if you can mix.

but if that is done, then it would make more sense to have all master woodcutters be grandmaster woodcutters, and have the tree plantation be an upgrade of the forester. it makes little sense that a woodcutter can cut regular trees, then he cannot anymore once promoted, and needs to be promoted again to do it. and same for tree plantation.

and i think economy management is more straightforward with the current model. trees take a long time growing, so any shortage caused by tree plantations planting the wrong kind of tree will take a long time to get compensated.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-14, 21:34

king_of_nowhere wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

i am neutral owards those options. although i am glad to hear that you can make normal woodcutters besides regular tree plantations, i still was thinking regular woodcutters would chop down rare woods and only give logs for it, so i still thought i had to keep different forests separated. much better if you can mix.

True

but if that is done, then it would make more sense to have all master woodcutters be grandmaster woodcutters, and have the tree plantation be an upgrade of the forester.

Maybe that would be better, yes. Making the plantation a small building would give amazons some additional strength, which they could need. And it's more comfortable if you use the B-Statistics to check how much buildings you have.

it makes little sense that a woodcutter can cut regular trees, then he cannot anymore once promoted, and needs to be promoted again to do it. and same for tree plantation.

Okay, it might be better indeed if master woddcutters could also cut regular trees. But should they do so if rare wood is needed and available, and if no wood is needed? I don't think so. An intelligent conception would be nice here.

Top Quote
Lawrence
Version: 19 and 1.1
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-08-02, 16:15

As for the ironwood trees, could it be like the fruit growers and pickers? Not planted by the standard forest worker but by a special Ironwood grower and harvested by a special Ironwood harvester on a specialy selected Ironwood plantation. face-smile.png

Edited: 2020-08-02, 16:16

Accept the challenge to excel with the humility to receive help.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-02, 16:18

Lawrence wrote:

As for the ironwood trees, could it be like the fruit growers and pickers? Not planted by the standard forest worker but by a special Ironwood grower and harvested by a special Ironwood harvester on a specialy selected Ironwood plantation. face-smile.png

It's already the case: The ironwood tree is not planted by the standard forester, but by a jungle master in a building named Rare Tree Plantation. Normal woodcutters of the Amazons ignore those trees, you need a different building to harvest them

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-02, 23:07

Just to inform everybody: recent changes in master broke AI handling of amazons. Need to find a way to reinstate the same behaviour as with my dirty hack that is now gone. May need some time though.

Top Quote