Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

TheHunter
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 17:18

Oh it looks like this tribe is coming back.Nice!

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 20:29

NonServiam wrote:

I really like the idea of the dippers who just drag up water from water triangles in buckets. In general I feel as if Amazons should develop more easily and strongly along rivers, less so on dry land. Maybe their wells should be very weak.

More of their products should require water. At the moment they don't seem make a drink? (Coffee?)

I'd like the idea of coffee, but i checked, it's an african/arabic plant, imported in the americas later.

how about chocolate?

since I was asking for a couple more buildings, we could have a chocolate farm.

I also agree that they should use lots of water, i'll see when i define costs where it would be more appropriate to make them.

Nordfriese wrote:

is there anyone who knows of something that fits with the amazonian theme and could act as a secondary carrier? maybe monkeys?

Dodenkoppäffekens – they chatter and run away with your wares? face-wink.png
How about – silly but serious suggestion – tamed Tapirs?

otherwise, the "strongman" would just act like a secondary carrier and carry wares normally

This would look strange – why not just use a normal carrier as 2nd carrier then…

I checked, tapirs are big enough. they probably cannot be domesticated, but what the hell. So, unless someone has better ideas, tapirs will be the amazonian carrier.

llamas won't do, they are on the andes region, not the amazon basin.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 20:38

also, question to developers on the feasibility of something: i had a cool idea that one of their basic military building would be called "treetop sentry" and it would literally consist of a soldier standing on top of a tree. it would be extremely cheap (maybe 1 rope, or 1 log) but it could only be built over a tree.

I guess it's too complex to code - it would require telling the game that trees immovable can actuallly be built upon, but that the tree would still be there - but i figured asking wouldn't hurt

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 21:44

A treetop sentry would be quite hard but might be possible. Telling the FieldactionWindow that a field with a tree can become a constructionsite for buildings with a special Size value is possible. Internally, the tree would be gone the moment you order construction. but with some hacking it could still be displayed on the constructionsite and completed building and resurrected when the building vanishes. Would be a lot of coding effort and an ugly hack though…

how about chocolate? since I was asking for a couple more buildings, we could have a chocolate farm.

How about a Cocoa Plantation that plants and harvests cocoa trees, and the ware Cocoa Beans is then processed with water into a Chocolate Drink that is consumed in training?
The cocoa trees could also be cut by woodcutters, just as a minor challenge not to build them too close face-wink.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 21:55

and for advanced soldiers we could enrich the chocolate drink with some sort of coca leafs face-wink.png

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 02:06

Nordfriese wrote:

A treetop sentry would be quite hard but might be possible. Telling the FieldactionWindow that a field with a tree can become a constructionsite for buildings with a special Size value is possible. Internally, the tree would be gone the moment you order construction. but with some hacking it could still be displayed on the constructionsite and completed building and resurrected when the building vanishes. Would be a lot of coding effort and an ugly hack though…

ah, well, I may put it in the blueprint, but it will be up to the programmers whether to take the challenge.

hessenfarmer wrote:

and for advanced soldiers we could enrich the chocolate drink with some sort of coca leafs face-wink.png

would love to, but unfortunately kids play this game

Edited: 2019-08-18, 02:06

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 08:17

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I guess it's too complex to code - it would require telling the game that trees immovable can actually be built upon, but that the tree would still be there - but i figured asking wouldn't hurt

Any tree, or some species? Should the red huts be present in the build help display on top of suitable trees? Should a lumberjack still treat it as a tree? Enemy lumberjack?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 10:25

A big -1 from me, I don´t find that funny.

I guess it's too complex to code - it would require telling the game that trees immovable can actually be built upon, but that the tree would still be there - but i figured asking wouldn't hurt

Any tree, or some species?

I would say, either any adult tree or any tree useful to amazonian woodcutters

Should the red huts be present in the build help display on top of suitable trees?

There should be a special size value with its own buildhelp icon.

Should a lumberjack still treat it as a tree? Enemy lumberjack?

Hehe face-wink.png Not possible with the described implementation, and I think it would be unfair if your milsite can be destroyed without fighting by a woodcutter.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 12:35

Nordfriese wrote:

Any tree, or some species?

Are there any adult trees which are not useful for any amazonian woodcutter?

I think that the tree would still need a flag. And if the building doesn't need a small building under the tree, the building could be overpowered: Amazons could expand on terrains where other tribes could not expand at all. So what about giving the building a very tiny conquer radius which makes expansion impossible?

Should the red huts be present in the build help display on top of suitable trees?

There should be a special size value with its own buildhelp icon.

A flag for example

Should a lumberjack still treat it as a tree? Enemy lumberjack?

Hehe face-wink.png Not possible with the described implementation, and I think it would be unfair if your milsite can be destroyed without fighting by a woodcutter.

I think it would be funny. At least for unmanned tree-buildings. And that building on trees is possible is also unfair face-wink.png

Nordfriese wrote:

how about chocolate? since I was asking for a couple more buildings, we could have a chocolate farm.

How about a Cocoa Plantation that plants and harvests cocoa trees, and the ware Cocoa Beans is then processed with water into a Chocolate Drink that is consumed in training?

Sounds fine

The cocoa trees could also be cut by woodcutters, just as a minor challenge not to build them too close face-wink.png

That could end up very messy

king_of_nowhere wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

is there anyone who knows of something that fits with the amazonian theme and could act as a secondary carrier? maybe monkeys?

Dodenkoppäffekens – they chatter and run away with your wares? face-wink.png How about – silly but serious suggestion – tamed Tapirs?

otherwise, the "strongman" would just act like a secondary carrier and carry wares normally

This would look strange – why not just use a normal carrier as 2nd carrier then…

I checked, tapirs are big enough. they probably cannot be domesticated, but what the hell. So, unless someone has better ideas, tapirs will be the amazonian carrier.

Tapirs are a good idea

About foresters: Couldn't there be a junglemaster hut (small building) and a junglemaster mountain hut (mine building) at the same time?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 13:03

Are there any adult trees which are not useful for any amazonian woodcutter?

As discussed balsa/ironwood/etc might be forbidden for him

I think that the tree would still need a flag. And if the building doesn't need a small building under the tree, the building could be overpowered: Amazons could expand on terrains where other tribes could not expand at all. So what about giving the building a very tiny conquer radius which makes expansion impossible?

Flag and road – of course. But I think it could still look good. How about a small conquer radius (so it can be built even on spaces where a small building doesn´t fit) and a high vision range?

About foresters: Couldn't there be a junglemaster hut (small building) and a junglemaster mountain hut (mine building) at the same time?

+1

Top Quote