Latest Posts

Topic: Resource makers

Lars_Krimi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-13, 17:59

I have noticed that mills, wood hardeners, brewers, etc. In short all makers of produce for the 'end-consumer' in the game. That also includes Warriors for military buildings.

All these 'products' are not made until they are in demand. I can see how this is useful for not using up all the logs (for example) as they are used in construction. Unfortunately this also slows the process for end products such as Warriors, which you can never have enough of, as they will only be made when a military building is in need of one. It also makes the startup of many new product series slow and cumbersome, such as when you get your first mine and will want to start a food production line.

I would suggest a system to be implemented, where produce will be made also when it is not in demand, so that you can save up a stock, yet will not use the items you need. It should be so that you could either set an amount of logs (to use an example) which will never be turned into planks (and if they are all in storage and new logs are made, then production initiates), and/or set a maximum amount of planks to be made for storage (and if there is this amount in storage, production ceases). (It could be a twosided slide-bar where on one side you set the minimum amount of logs in storage before production of planks initiates, and the other side setting the maximum amount of planks in storage before production ceases).

Keep up the amazing work!

Edited: 2009-04-13, 18:00

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-13, 18:16

My answer on your suggestion are just two links face-wink.png :

I hope that's what you suggested face-smile.png

Cheers Nasenbaer

Edited: 2009-04-13, 18:17

Top Quote
Lars_Krimi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-13, 18:24

Amazing! face-smile.png

Exactly what I wanted face-smile.png

BTW, since you are only, if there is a chat we could maybe meet up and talk about the other suggestions I came with, and maybe, if you could need some help in development I would love to give a hand.

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-02, 20:12

Lars_Krimi wrote: All these 'products' are not made until they are in demand...

I would suggest a system to be implemented, where produce will be made also when it is not in demand, so that you can save up a stock...

I have found that the easiest (and most exact) method to prevent this "ware limitation" is to remove the following line from the config file for each production building:

"return=skipped unless economy needs [ware]"

I realise that this goes against the grain of how WL14 works, but having a "Total" view of productivity in full swing allows for much better preparation for future production.

Regards, Adam.

Top Quote