Latest Posts

Topic: Attempting new Water terrain Tiles

Marcelo_do_Pagode
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-08-07, 03:56

chuckw wrote:

IMHO, either animation set is a vast improvement over what is currently in greenland.

As an option, we could implement set #2 now and then put #3 in if/when you want to get around to it.

I second those two. Great job, Astuur.

PS.1: All I've done so far is play the game and finish and revise the Brazilian Portuguese Translation, so PLEASE feel absolutely free to completely ignore my comments if you wish. ;) PS.2: Since I'm also fluent in spanish (castellano actually, which is the Argentinian/Uruguayan Spanish), I have started to pay attention to the Spanish Players forum, but seems I have started late... but I'll be watching anyway. If anything shows up there that I feel I can't handle, you'll try an contact on the other forums to get help from others.

Edited: 2011-08-07, 04:02

Marcelo do Pagode
Ubuntu 11.04
Colorado com muito orgulho!

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-07, 06:36

... so PLEASE feel absolutely free to completely ignore my comments if you ....

Your assessment is welcome, Marcelo --- and in this case, experience with the game would not help much anyhow. face-smile.png

You'll find me in front of my PC, with a 1x1 paintbrush ... heading for Nirwana face-smile.png

Edited: 2011-08-07, 06:39

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-08, 13:13

Hi,

PS.2: Since I'm also fluent in spanish (castellano actually, which is the Argentinian/Uruguayan Spanish), I have started to pay attention to the Spanish Players forum, but seems I have started late... but I'll be watching anyway. If anything shows up there that I feel I can't handle, you'll try an contact on the other forums to get help from others.

This is a very welcome contribution! It is people like you that see a position they can fill that let's liberal communities like ours thrive. The only thing you still need to show is preservance, widelands has been around for ten years and will need your work for years to come :).

I stop to offtopic this post now. Sorry!

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-08, 16:58

@SirVer who wrote:

I stop to offtopic this post now. Sorry!

You certainly have no reason to ask for pardon for off-topic posts anywhere in these forums, especially when we are "...headed for Nirvana." face-smile-big.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-08, 18:49

Something went wrong... killed it...starting over again....bear with me.
Per aspera ad astra...

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-08, 20:43

Done. no more blinking.
I had to start over with the blending of the frames. couldn't get if smooth anymore.
The animation as such seems good, the color may be optimized perhaps. (suggestions?).
It is somewhat more turquoise already.
I hope the vertical striping is acceptable. I have restricted the colors and used a 16-palette to keep the files small.
12 or 14 fps recommended.
here it is.

For those of you that do not want to copy over the files and change their system, here is a short video recorded off the screeen, that should give you a first impression.
.AVI

Edited: 2011-08-09, 08:20

Top Quote
Marcelo_do_Pagode
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-08-09, 16:30

Even with the vertical lines, IMHO this is way better then the original.

Marcelo do Pagode
Ubuntu 11.04
Colorado com muito orgulho!

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-09, 22:15

Astuur's new water and ice floe terrain for desert, greenland and winterland has been included in the development trunk with rev #5928!

Good Job!!

I see little people.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-08-10, 14:59

I had a look there too and no, this time no error message, but the animation is not right.

And I found the problem: Most files got the name Wasser_xx.png, whereas it should be wasser_xx.png. Yes, I’m using Linux. face-wink.png

So Chuck, could you please rename the Wasser_xx.png?

Edit: That was just for greenland, I didn’t have a look an other worlds.

Edited: 2011-08-10, 15:03

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-10, 15:11

Venatrix wrote: I had a look there too and no, this time no error message, but the animation is not right. And I found the problem: Most files got the name Wasser_xx.png, whereas it should be wasser_xx.png. Yes, I’m using Linux. So Chuck, could you please rename the Wasser_xx.png? Edit: That was just for greenland, I didn’t have a look an other worlds.

Thanks, Venatrix. I'm on it. I deeply appreciate your TIP (Testing In Production). face-sad.png Once more MS Windows doesn't play well with others.

I see little people.

Top Quote