Latest Posts

Topic: What is the idle program?

Kontorotsui
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 19:50

I get many messages from buildings about "skipped idle program because the economy needs the ware ... "

I assume it is a program that trains the worker by consuming the ware, only if that ware is not needed elsewhere (that is, consuming it, depletes a ware whose stock is lower than the economy target). Is that correct?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-04, 21:16

This program only exists in European Tribe buildings. From what I see in a quick look it seems that when the economy doesn't need any of the building's input or output wares, Europeans buildings produce all possible output wares one after the other. This is called the Idle program. When any output ware is needed, this program is skipped and programs specializing in producing only the required ware(s) are called.

@MarkMcWire could explain this better being the designer of this tribe. The five official tribes don't have such a mechanism.

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-05, 01:33

Understood. I never saw that in the other tribes. I thought it was a new feature introduced in the builds.

I also have a problem with this program, because it happens that for some reasons a new ware is not produced because one of the wares that is going to be consumed is required for the economy.

In my current game with the Europeans, the evade lvl 4 is not upgrading because "the economy needs the ware wine". I have all the wine slots filled up in the battle arena, but until I have stocked more than the required minimum in the warehouse, the wine doesn't get consumed and the upgrade is skipped. Even if I set to 0 the target for wine in the economy, still it gets skipped until the wine is filled elsewhere (the mines). I don't know how to deactived/change this feature.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-05, 12:54

you could try to modify the .lua files in the addon.

Top Quote