Latest Posts

Topic: Yeld

Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-22, 10:57

Hello,

In the 'Help' of the Farm we see that the 'Work Area Radius' is 2.
Is the yield of the Farm reduced if roads are built in this area or if buildings encroach?

If, for reasons of resource limitation, two mines of different types, for example a Coal mine and a Gold mine, see their 'Work Area Radius' overlap, is the quantity of product extracted affected?

Is there a particular reason why the Geologist is so unprofessional and, when he even finds traces of an ore, leaves, I do not know where, to try his luck instead of analyzing the surrounding locations? As the mines have a 'Work Area Radius' of 2 it would be interesting to know what is around the place of discovery.

Have a good day.

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-22, 11:41

The farms need a certain minimum number of free nodes in its work area to be able to operate at 100% productivity. For the barbarian farm this value is 4. If the number of available nodes is lower than that, productivity is impaired; there's no sort of bonus for higher numbers though. Such magic numbers have been discovered by some pro-players through lots of playing experience; it is not easily possible to calculate them from the work programs. Note that the distance of the free spots to the farm entrance affects the overall productivity – longer walking times to the fields result in a longer average time requirement per output ware. For maximum efficiency, it can therefore be a good idea to deliberately block all nodes in the farm's work area except for 4 nodes directly adjacent to the farm's flag.

The mines can extract resources only from those nodes within their work area where their respective resource is actually present. Each node can hold at most 1 type of resource. So if you have a coal mine and a gold mine overlapping, the overlapping nodes are useless for at least one of these mines because there is only one type of resource there anyway. Only if two mines of the same type claim the same node and their mined resource is actually present there, then they compete for this resource there and consequently deplete the node faster.

Geologists excavate a fixed number of nodes within a fixed radius around their starting flag. Each of these nodes is chosen at random every time (with the only rule being that geologists sent to a mountain explore only mountains, and geologists sent to arable land explore only arable land). If you want a better exploration coverage, it is recommended to send several geologists at once.

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-22, 13:11

OK,

In the case of mines, look that : https://imgur.com/9GWTj5a.png

There was a Gold mark at the flag position in front of the coal mine, but I could not build the mines elsewhere.
Is there a danger of interference between the two mines?

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-22, 13:39

It's perfectly safe. The coal mine simply ignores the gold node, and the gold mine can extract gold ore from it regardless of any other buildings, flags etc there. Mines of different types never interfere with each other.

Top Quote