Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Shortcuts and add-ons

OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-12, 21:45

I did some testing today and I don’t understand 3 things. I use current development version 8861.

1. I have changed the shortcut for hiding/showing building spaces to “0”. I don’t like that the space bar has multiple functions in editor now so I decided to use “0” instead. But the key “0” didn't react in editor and I don't know why. One print screen attached. (And the space bar also don’t reflect the chosen language, it disappeared from transifex.)

2. I have no idea what is key “F2” for, I tried to press it in many different situations but nothing ever happened.

3. I tried to create my own add-on with maps and I got a message that this add-on is known to cause desyncs and no reply will be available. There is no reason for that, the maps are just normal maps. Is it so that when I publish this add-on every one who will install it will get this message? Print screens attached.

Attachment:
files.zip (3.9 MB)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-12, 22:28

OIPUN wrote:

I did some testing today and I don’t understand 3 things. I use current development version 8861.

1. I have changed the shortcut for hiding/showing building spaces to “0”. I don’t like that the space bar has multiple functions in editor now so I decided to use “0” instead. But the key “0” didn't react in editor and I don't know why. One print screen attached.

'0' is also used to set the toolsize to 10, so these two bindings conflict. Should I also expose the ten toolsize hotkeys (1-0) to the shortcut config interface? Then it would refuse to set this conflicting keybinding.

(And the space bar also don’t reflect the chosen language, it disappeared from transifex.)

We are using SDL's builtin GetKeyName function now. If it does not respect localization that looks like an SDL issue…

2 . I have no idea what is key “F2” for, I tried to press it in many different situations but nothing ever happened.

When you turn on the sticky tooltips ("tooltip accessibility mode") in the options menu, this is the hotkey to unfreeze the sticky tooltips. Does nothing when this mode is turned off. (The sticky tooltips are intended for people with eye-tracker devices who need to be able to move the mouse without moving the tooltip as well.)

3 . I tried to create my own add-on with maps and I got a message that this add-on is known to cause desyncs and no reply will be available. There is no reason for that, the maps are just normal maps. Is it so that when I publish this add-on every one who will install it will get this message? Print screens attached.

By default every add-on shows this warning. We review all submitted add-ons to ensure nobody uploads spam, and also remove this warning if appropriate. You can add sync_safe="true" to the add-on config to suppress the warning if you are certain there is no risk of desyncs occurring. (In principle every kind of add-on, even themes and maps, may cause desyncs, and add-on scripters can't be expected to know all the numerous pitfalls, which is why the warning is initially enabled for all add-ons until a reviewer removes it.)

Edited: 2021-03-12, 22:31

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-12, 22:42

Thank you for your explanation.

Nordfriese wrote: '0' is also used to set the toolsize to 10, so these two bindings conflict. Should I also expose the ten toolsize hotkeys (1-0) to the shortcut config interface? Then it would refuse to set this conflicting keybinding.

It will be good to let the player know that there is a conflict. I really had no idea, why it doesn’t work.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-12, 23:06

https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4769

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-13, 13:04

As for the issue 4768, the youth gathering is not the only problem.

Attachment:
shot0005.jpg

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-13, 13:16

Is there a way to cause this crash reproduceably? It happens occasionally, see https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4602, but so far we've been unable to investigate because it seems to happen so sporadically and randomly.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-13, 14:25

Nordfriese wrote:

Is there a way to cause this crash reproduceably? It happens occasionally, see https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4602, but so far we've been unable to investigate because it seems to happen so sporadically and randomly.

I tried to find out and this is what I realized. I don’t know if this is the only case when it happens, but I did it this way. I opened Widelands, chose Editor and opened a map that has Frisians as default tribe. No changes needed, I saved the map as it was and closed Editor. Then I opened new game, chose a map and set Amazons as a tribe of one of the players. I was never able to initiate the game.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-13, 15:12

I cannot reproduce unfortunately face-sad.png The bug remains elusive…

Top Quote