Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: How to adjust the sound effect in game

tylerjames
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2021-03-02, 10:42

Any way to adjust the sound effect in game? Some sounds are annoyed and interrupt my playing experience.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-02, 12:01

Hi tylerjames and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

In the game you can reach the sound options by choosing Menu → Sound Options. There you can set the volume for each sound type individually and also selectively disable sound types. This is also reachable from the Widelands main menu via Options → Sound.

Top Quote
Tmk
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-03-10, 14:35

Hello, you could (re-)move individual sound files from the Widelands directory. The game warns about it, but it does not crash.

I have a whole bunch of birds, crickets and some smithing sounds that I move away, because I also think they are too annoying. Also the music track ingame_15.ogg. It is iconic, but the flute is so present, it distracts me every time.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-10, 19:40

Tmk wrote:

I have a whole bunch of birds, crickets and some smithing sounds that I move away, because I also think they are too annoying. Also the music track ingame_15.ogg.

I totally agree!

It is iconic, but the flute is so present, it distracts me every time.

I'd also ban this track if there wouldn't be the flute : P

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Tmk
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-03-26, 15:00

I have thought about this some more. In my opinion it's not the sounds themselves, they are all fine. It's the amount of repetitions I think. For I love Widelands for it's slow pace, maybe it would be enough if the birds are not chirping constantly but only sometimes, same for crickets et cetera.

On large screen resolutions, if one has forest and lakes and other sound evoking features on the map it is a constant, stressful soundscape in it's current form, imho.

Top Quote