Latest Posts

Topic: Updated Empire Tutorial 1

avengingwatcher

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-05-30, 06:28

I've cleaned it up and replaced some of the grammar to make it less jarring. I tried to be as light as possible and only make changes to punctuation or to place words that seemed more appropriate, but kept the meaning the same.

See the work here: EmpireStorytheStrandsOfMalacMor

One of the issues I have run into is the lack of ability to float images as the wiki is run in safe mode disabling XHMTL. This could be fixed with some very minor(I think) changes to the Markdown source code around lines 659 to 715 in Markdown.pl by adding a float characteristic as $7 and putting that into the code ouput. I can probably teach myself enough perl to make it happen if no one knows what I am talking about. I know this is possible because another site has this option in their modified source but I they haven't shared how they did it.

Also how are new pages created for the Wiki? I didn't see any option for that and I couldn't quite figure launchpad out as I've always been a one man show with my clients or sites.

Edited: 2010-05-30, 06:30

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-30, 08:30

Hi avengingwatcher,

I am sorry to say, but what you just did was a waste of time :/.

The pages for empire story were just a first development draft for the empire campaign (that's why they can be found under Development section and not under End User Documentation). Since these pages were written in the wiki, the texts were imported to the actual campaign and changed a lot during develpment process. Their gramar has been fixed by quite some people as well. Did you find similiar "bad texts" in the current English version of the campaign?

If yes, I welcome you to fix the texts files for the campaigns - from a fresh bzr checkout, you can find these files under ./campaigns/<name>.wmf/scripting/texts.lua

About the Markdown stuff - I don't know much about the website engine, but I am quite sure it uses python, so are you sure about that Perl stuff? face-smile.png You can take a look at the source code at http://launchpad.net/widelands-website

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Top Quote
avengingwatcher

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-05-31, 01:58

Nasenbaer - Yes there is actually quite a lot of incorrect grammar, but it looks like Alex has cleaned up a lot of it and I can just copy and paste that in, not much of a big deal, I just didn't realize any english had been updated. Alex has done a good job, It was mostly a formatting issue anyways, so mostly cut and paste the new stuff over the old and it will be quick and easy. Like I said I only did very small changes so not a lot if time on my part.

Markdown itself is written in perl, but it looks like the Django implementation does indeed store it in a .py format. I was confused as the website that is pointed to for the formatting has it's source code in perl which is what I looked at. I'll find the lines in this one and see if it will be possible.

Top Quote