Latest Posts

Topic: Newbie question

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-10-14, 22:12

What is the difference between 0 and 1 ware setting in the economy config? It has 3 presets, default, stockpile and efficiency. The last one is what? Efficient usage of scarce resources? It is the one that has both 0 and 1 settings for wares and I don't understand. I thought 0 meant don't build anything since if the warehouse is empty of that are (i.e. 0) it won't be triggered unlike 1 which obviously always tries to build when there isn't at least 1 ware in storage. But in one game I tried it and it was building stuff anyways for the tools/weapons which are set at 0 in efficiency preset. If I was to guess 0 means build if there is a demand for an item only? While 1+ means build until that much is in warehouses.

Hmmm yes I guess I answered my own question because I recall one campaign suggestion to stop the blacksmithy until it had 2 iron so it would build a pick and i thought, hah, lame just set economy to 0 instead. But that would not work after all if 0 has this special meaning.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-14, 22:23

If a target is set to 0, the ware will be produced if and only if any building that requires this ware does not currently have as much of it as it wants to store; or in case of tools, if a worker who uses this tool is needed to be created. For this purpose, the count of items in a building also includes items currently being transported to their destination building (respectively tools that are already on their way to a warehouse there to be turned into a worker).

If a target is set to >0, the ware will be produced if and only if the total amount of it stored in warehouses is less than the target. This total amount does not include wares that are currently being transported to a warehouse.

The "stockpile" profile is made for players who like to keep a margin of safety for everything and always have plenty in stock, while "efficiency" is aimed at pro players who want to micromanage everything to get every last split-second performance boost out of their economies.

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-10-16, 02:57

Nordfriese wrote: If a target is set to >0, the ware will be produced if and only if the total amount of it stored in warehouses is less than the target. This total amount does not include wares that are currently being transported to a warehouse.

Oh so that's why it sometimes builds more... something was in the pipeline but not yet at the warehouse so it builds another. Another mystery solved, thanks!

Oh and very intersting about 0, I guess it means fill up the building storages (which are always tricky for newbies like me to remember are invisible on the inv. screen). So not quite only on demand of something having run out but on demand of the prod. building. And it can be controlled from there...

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote