Latest Posts

Topic: Makrobalancing of the Tribes

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-22, 09:35

World, sometimes you are a tactician ;D not knowing what you said and changing your opinion from day to day.

Indeed you said exactly that when we played Crater. You said you like it more when there is only one Optimum.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-22, 09:42

ilguido wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

I'm not a fan of doing every game the same procedure and level my hero stage to stage to full before he will ever see the world of widelands

Well, it is in the nature of every non-random game that even when there are many ways of doing something, there always is a best way to do it. And even though you are free to play as you like it, your opponents in multiplayer may choose the better way. We have about as much influence in this fact as on the fact that you need a computer to play Widelands.

The only solution to this problem is a rock, scissor, paper approach. I am not sure how to implement it in Widelands, but there are many examples in other games: e.g. maintenance costs, overspecialization risks, natural disasters etc.

I think that more advanced civilizations should have more productive, but more fragile economies. That is Atlantis should be more productive than the Empire, while the Empire should be more productive than the Barbarians. On the other hand Atlanteans should have a more fragile economy, that depends critically on the supply of some resources, while the Empire a little less and the Barbarians not at all.

I also wished we could have a democratic discussion about this topic, where we can talk about pro and con

Top Quote