Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Winter Games

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-28, 16:37

on the other hand, you can't really capitalize on early game advantage because of the stone wall. so, unless you manage to land close to your opponent and kill his port before he can get iron production ready, being able to skip iron may not be a huge deal

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-29, 20:57

king_of_nowhere wrote:

on the other hand, you can't really capitalize on early game advantage because of the stone wall.

The stone wall is very good for the amazons, it prevents them from being overrun. They don't have only an early game advantage, but also a late game advantage, because iron runs out faster than gold.

so, unless you manage to land close to your opponent and kill his port before he can get iron production ready, being able to skip iron may not be a huge deal

By the way, which tribes did you and the-x chose?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-30, 00:10

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

on the other hand, you can't really capitalize on early game advantage because of the stone wall.

The stone wall is very good for the amazons, it prevents them from being overrun. They don't have only an early game advantage, but also a late game advantage, because iron runs out faster than gold.

was talking of early game advantage in that specific map, because iron is hard to find.

iron running out is not really a concern in most games. it certainly never happened in any of the tournament games i witnessed. it never even came close to happening. and stone would also run out.

i tried amazons on no metal challenge, and found them to be no easier than other tribes. sure, you can mass produce a lot of soldiers, but to get heroes you'll need gold. and getting gold is really hard, as the rations cost coal, which you need to get from the charcoal burner. so, you basically have to spend 60 logs to find a gold with the 5%. and 100 buckets of water. plus the cassava root and everything else.

and when you run out of stones, you also have to rely on empty stone mines. they produce 20% of the times and require no water, but still it means 15 logs for every stone extracted.

so, in a - no resource - scenario, amazons don't have it that much easier than anyone else.

i was atlanteans, he was barbarian

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-30, 19:32

king_of_nowhere and me are going to play sunday, 14:30 CET. Version will be amazons5970 and the-x is invited to stream the match. If you want to spectate, make sure that you are using version 5970 as well.

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

i tried amazons on no metal challenge, and found them to be no easier than other tribes. sure, you can mass produce a lot of soldiers, but to get heroes you'll need gold. and getting gold is really hard, as the rations cost coal, which you need to get from the charcoal burner. so, you basically have to spend 60 logs to find a gold with the 5%. and 100 buckets of water. plus the cassava root and everything else.

and when you run out of stones, you also have to rely on empty stone mines. they produce 20% of the times and require no water, but still it means 15 logs for every stone extracted.

so, in a - no resource - scenario, amazons don't have it that much easier than anyone else.

Yes, that's very expensive

i was atlanteans, he was barbarian

Sounds interesting. Why is nobody uploading the replay?

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-31, 23:22

So it looks like after we had the first round of the longest game in the Tournament, we will have the smallest map as next one: Crossriver

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 15:21

Here is the replay of my match against king_of_nowhere (version 5970)

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 16:49

Did you really play at 8 oclock? ;-D or did you stay awake till 8

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 16:55

Which version do i need so that the replay doesnt crash down?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 18:12

the-x wrote:

Did you really play at 8 oclock? ;-D or did you stay awake till 8

No, that is a bug of my computer. We played at the announced time.

the-x wrote:

Which version do i need so that the replay doesn't crash down?

Try the exact version, newest versions might be incompatible again

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-02, 22:53

as expected I lost against the-x
here is the replay

Attachment:
replay.zip (474.5 KB)

Top Quote