Polls

Default Game Speed

Log in to vote!

Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: New Game Start Minimal Heaquarters

kaparzo
Avatar
Joined: 2015-10-26, 00:47
Posts: 4
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 12:15

At the start of the game, the minimal choice you can make is to pick the Headquarters Start. For me, it would be very interesting to start only with Headquarters but we much fewer resources. Only the minimal to be able to start the empire. This would be a kind of "hardcore" mode, that if I remember correctly was in Settlers 2.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1349
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 13:00

kaparzo wrote:

At the start of the game, the minimal choice you can make is to pick the Headquarters Start. For me, it would be very interesting to start only with Headquarters but we much fewer resources. Only the minimal to be able to start the empire. This would be a kind of "hardcore" mode, that if I remember correctly was in Settlers 2.

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
kaparzo
Avatar
Joined: 2015-10-26, 00:47
Posts: 4
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 13:37

WorldSavior wrote:

kaparzo wrote:

At the start of the game, the minimal choice you can make is to pick the Headquarters Start. For me, it would be very interesting to start only with Headquarters but we much fewer resources. Only the minimal to be able to start the empire. This would be a kind of "hardcore" mode, that if I remember correctly was in Settlers 2.

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Thank you, I'm gonna check it face-smile.png


Top Quote
niektory
Avatar
Joined: 2019-06-03, 20:06
Posts: 35
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 17:30

WorldSavior wrote:

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Yep, I picked the white player and it looks pretty hardcore! face-wink.png

screenshot

Edited: 2019-12-21, 17:38

Attachment: Screenshot_2019-12-21_17-26-18.png (459.8 KB)

Top Quote
kaparzo
Avatar
Joined: 2015-10-26, 00:47
Posts: 4
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 17:57

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Yep, I picked the white player and it looks pretty hardcore! face-wink.png

screenshot

How is this supposed to work xDD


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1349
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 18:03

kaparzo wrote:

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Yep, I picked the white player and it looks pretty hardcore! face-wink.png

screenshot

How is this supposed to work xDD

This is not the hardcore starting position, it's just a superflouus starting position in the sea. The hardcore starting positions in the scenario are blue, red and yellow.

(Open LAN-Game, just chose the map "Trident of Fire", works for build20.)

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Yep, I picked the white player and it looks pretty hardcore! face-wink.png

screenshot

Lol, that's not easy, yes.

kaparzo wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

kaparzo wrote:

At the start of the game, the minimal choice you can make is to pick the Headquarters Start. For me, it would be very interesting to start only with Headquarters but we much fewer resources. Only the minimal to be able to start the empire. This would be a kind of "hardcore" mode, that if I remember correctly was in Settlers 2.

You could check out the scenario "Trident of fire" (accessible through LAN games scenario map I guess), it's not a real scenario, but there you can play some tribes with a kind of hardcore starting conditions.

Thank you, I'm gonna check it face-smile.png

You're welcome face-smile.png

One can also "hack"/mod the own Widelands files in order to create custom starting conditions. Somewhere should be an "scripting" folder and somewhere must be files for starting conditions, maybe init.lua files, I don't know it exactly anymore.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Avatar
Joined: 2013-10-07, 15:56
Posts: 3073
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: RenderedRect
Posted at: 2019-12-29, 22:01

You can also try the "Village" starting condition, which gives you less resources than Headquarters.


Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote